Stereo Headset adapter...crackling audio

So I picked up the new stereo headset adapter today, did the updates on the controllers and then tested it out with various headphones.   The sound quality itself seems ok but I am frequently getting faint, static-like pops and clicks in the audio...almost like the audio is cutting out for a millisecond here and there.  

Is anyone else noticing this?

I

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 695 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes I hear the same thing.  Seems better with the usb cable plugged in.  But that is annoying to keep the controller tethered to the Xbox.

-VK

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same problem here.  Voice and audio both seem iffy with the adapter, use the headset on 360 or any other console and it works just fine . I am sure they will put out another update here soon to as many issues as they can. Well here's hoping anyways.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well this keeps getting worse. :(

I powered up the xbox thus evening to play some Plants vs Zombies and at first the Static problems were gone.  Unfortunately after playing a bit the problem started to return and get worse.  

After playing a while longer the mic just stopped working.  No one could hear me anymore.  I tried muting/un muting and plugging the headset in and out...didn't help.

Then a little while after my controller suddenly shut off with a message on screen to reconnect it.  The battery was full and this has never happened before.  I turned the controller back on and it was unresponsive.  I had to hit the sync button and eventually it reconnected again and started working.  

Later on after that the headphone audio gave off a buzz and then stopped playing completely. It would still play through the tv but not the headset adapter.    Then the controller became unresponsive again and my character just kept moving backwards as if the control stick was stuck down.   I had to power off and on the controller to fix it.

I've never had any issues like this before updating the controllers and using this adapter.   Out of frustration I unplugged the adapter and didn't gave any more issues for the next hour I continued playing.  

I'm very disappointed in this thing right now.  Not only is the staticky audio unacceptable but it seems to be causing stability issues with the controller as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue with and without the plug and play connected.  Pops in the audio every 25 seconds. I'm using the solar A30 headset and before the controller update this never happend. I've changed controllers and even that does not help. I would really appreciate a reply from a support rep about how to fix this extremely annoying problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

yep same thing here.  had the controller lock up once.  took out the batteries and it has been fine since.  getting pops from audio on the X07.  disappointed with microsoft.  I expect much better.  At least we know this is the starting point, and not the end.  I expect 5.1 virtual like i was promised.  the chat audio is great as long as you aren't to close to the mic.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problems as Moonlord. We waited this long to use our headsets and now the adapter for them is crap and it is unacceptable. I'm probably not gonna be able to use them for my first Twitch stream because I don't want them to constantly disconnect from the console during the stream. I love my console, but Microsoft seems like little kids in a tee-ball game. The ball is right in front of them, but it takes them 4 swings to finally get it right. A patch for the adapter better be coming soon. At least Kevin Duffy from Polk apologized and said they're working with MS on a fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

I bought the headphone/adapter bundle and am noticing the same thing. It doesn't matter if I plug it in to the Titanfall controller, or the Day One controller, same issue. The controller is only 15' away from the console when it happens, and it usually doesn't have an issue for the first few minutes of use.

I have tried it with my iPhone Ear Pods, as well as the Xbox One Stereo Headphones. It is more pronounced on the Xbox One Stereo Headphones, but I assume that is because the quality is better.

I would appreciate any solutions. Otherwise, these are destined to be returned. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this same issue. Pops and crackles all the time on Dolby through my DX12's and DSS2; never had any issues with this previously.

Sorry this didn't help.

After doing a bit of research, it looks like this is tied in with Dolby Digital and not necessarily related to the controller update. People have been suggesting a hard reboot of the system as a solution, which did not work for me. A user in another thread claimed that MS support couldn't help and that he was forced to send in his system for repair, as they indicate a hardware issue with the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Got the xoseven today, and noticed the crackle while playing titan fall. With the controller plugged in to the xbox I do not notice the crackle.

I get the same noise while recording music due to high cpu load or sound processor load. I would imagine an update before too long addressing the issue. Its a shame though.

Sorry this didn't help.