Steelseries Siberia X800

So I picked up my new surround sound headset, the Steelseries Siberia X800 and I'm not that impressed. For the premium price that we have to pay for these I'm thinking that my older Turtle Beach Tangos do a better job than these. The mic is retractable into one of the ear cup which I thought great, less to get in the way but then after pulling it out to talk the open directional slot points away from your mouth! You can turn it around put it takes some force to do it which I don't feel comfortable applying.

Additionally, you cannot hear yourself talking in your own headset. This is a massive negative for the headset. You can talk in a party, hear everyone, and they can hear you, but you cannot hear yourself. So you could end up literally shouting accidently because whilst wearing the headset it sounds like your trying to talk underwater.

I reached out to the steelseries support but unfortunately didn't get any help. They closed my query with the solution to return the headset to them for a replacement. No help. Think i'll be returning these for another brand.

Just want to know if anyone else uses these, and if they have any problems or even better any solutions to the mic issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

I use this headset and your right.. they do not have mic monitoring and thats a big downfall in my book. But as far as audio quality these beat all other wireless sets. Exapecially if you play with the 6 band eq. Turn up mids a d highs a bit and wow the directional audio pops out like I have never heard before.

My biggest gripe is on microsoft for not supporting usb headsets so I have ro plug this beast into the controller!

I do not have that issue with the mic. It i just spin it around and its right in front of my mouth.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.