Status Code: 80190821

This is the third credit card I've tried. I'm really frustrated and ready to give up. I've done everything suggested and now I get this status code. PLEASE help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's definitely strange that you have this error recurring on three separate cards. The support page I've linked to below might help.

support.xbox.com/.../purchase-xbox-live-content.aspx

Are you sure that the billing address you've typed in is correct?
And double-sure that there is definitely no problems with the account with your bank? Problems with the bank can include problems like the card not being activated, or being suspended due to either inactivity or for them to check for suspected activity (usually just as a security method, I've had this happen to me after my Auto-renewal this year).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

well it was different problems with all three cards, two were two different error codes, and one just wasn't authorizing it for some reason, and when I came to xbox.com to put in the card, it kept saying the card number was invallid. The second card I think the problem was that the card expires soon so they don't want me using it I guess. And the third card I'm not sure what the problem is. I put my address in because it wasn't registered with an address, it's one of those American Express pre-paid cards, but I suppose it should work because I used it for the proof of age, and it accepted it as a valid credit card. It's so weird because there are no problems with the card. It's not expiring soon and has sufficient funds (I don't think I've even used it more than once). I doubt it would be suspended for inactivity because I got it in April. The error message said it couldn't receive information from Xbox Live and to try again later, so maybe it's not a problem with the card?

Sorry this didn't help.

I checked my card balance and I do have enough money left and the card is active. I don't know why but Microsoft charged me a dollar for something today and I have no clue what that is about, it says Purchase with AVS. I've been trying to buy the 2 months Gold for $2 deal. I don't know what's up :/

Sorry this didn't help.

and I assume it would work perfectly here on the site, but the deal is only on the xbox for some reason

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi I have the exact same problem, I cant uppgrade my windows live free account to gold, It says that It cant retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later.

Status code: 80190821.

I have also tried two seperate credit cards.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have tried adding several payment methods and are still unable to purchase, I would recommend calling up phone support (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) to see if there is a larger problem with your account.

Sorry this didn't help.

A problem with my xbox account? If I call they won't be able to give me the same deal I was trying to get though will they :/ & it seems like a lot of people have been having the same problems for a while now, with multiple payment methods even. I've read a lot of posts about it in archives and on the forums. Does this have anything to do with a known issue? Is MS working on it? I hear it has something to do with the processing company, not the banks or MS. But that MS isn't doing anything for it. Is this true? I have so many questions that I want to ask to someone in charge, not just other people who are wondering the same thing. Is there a way that I can email someone?

Sorry for all the questions, but please help me out. I would really really appreciate your time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh and I one teeny last question! If I buy MS points, can I use them to buy the Gold Membership? Because I want to purchase just one month of Gold, and I have yet to find 1-Month cards, only 3-month and 12-month cards, which are easily accesible, but I can't afford them.

Sorry this didn't help.

First, I can't really say if it is a "known issue" because we still don't know what your issue actually is. That's why I recommend calling phone support to see what they can turn up. Also, no, points can not be used to buy LIVE time. Sorry!

Sorry this didn't help.

why wont my new debit card work?

Sorry this didn't help.