Status Code: 8015D080

I was trying to add a couple of friends on Xbox Live, but, I was blocked from adding friends. I went to “Online Safety” Settings to remedy this problem, but when I tried to accept the changes, it couldn’t find the e-mail address associated with this particular WLID. I went to “Manage Account” then to “Windows Live I.D.” to see if I could clear up this mess and when I get there, I get an error message with the Status Code, 8015D080 and forces me back out. I then tried accessing the settings through the website, and the results were even less thrilling: I get an error message saying “Uh oh…that shouldn’t have happened” and “It looks like you’ve found a glitch in the system”

A few things have got me scratching my head right now. One, I've still got access to Xbox Live (I have gold and am still able to play online with other people, including said friends). Two, I have added friends before with no trouble at all. An three, when I am on the Xbox Live website, it still recognizes and associates my, still active, WLID with my Xbox Live account and Gamer Tag

My biggest questions are what is Status Code 8015D080 (What does it mean)? And what can be done about it?

Respectfully,

AGENT "DJ" SMITH

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

So let's start at the beginning, when you tried to edit the Online Safety settings, it asked for a WLID and password? Are you currently on a child account, or a Secondary account on a Family Plan? This prompt isn't asking for your WLID/password, but that of the Parent Account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was never aware of ever being a "child" account or a secondary account. One day I have Xbox live Silver  and could change settings whenever I wanted without a prompt for a parental account password, then I decide to get gold and then suddenly I am a "child" account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like you joined a Family Plan as a Secondary User. Only the original user who purchased the Family Plan and added the users is the Primary. Just for fun, try having that person put in their WLID/password and see if it works.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the delay.

Where I Stand: If someone else fronted the money for the gold subscribsion, would that register me as a secondary user to them?

If that is the case, It won't let the person who fronted the money (who also has an Xbox live account) access the settings to change it. and now that we're are trying to get a Gold Family pack, it won't let him sign my account as one of the four. It won't let me change WLID the Gamertag associates with because it says it can't retrieve the information from Xbox live.

let me know what you think?

Respectfully,

AGENT "DJ" SMITH

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Agent, thanks for coming back. Because this thread is over 6 months old, I'd like to re-find our footing. Are you still having the exact issue as described above, or has the situation changed a bit? Are there new things you're having issues with at all? As for your most recent post, would you be able to clarify what you mean by 'fronted the money?' To be sure, you are not currently part of a family pack, correct?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes to the first. the issue is still pretty much the same,

By "fronting the money", I mean that we used his credit card and then I paid him back. This was when we got seperate gold subscribsions.

Correct to the last. Up until yesterday we had no family pack set up. When he tried to sign me up as one of the "family members", an error message popped saying "This family member couldn't be added" and to try again later.

AGENT "DJ" SMITH

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, has he had an issue adding any other friends besides you? Also, was that the full extent of the error message, or was there an error code associated with the message as well?

Sorry this didn't help.