Status code: 40A3-000-D080-0200-8007-045D / Slow System load, sluggish/incomplete dashboard. Inability to update games.

Bout 2 days ago my 360 suddenly began to run its normal functions at a turtle's pace. It takes 10 minutes just for it to bring up the profile avatars, and then another 20-25 to actually sign in with them. And once all that's finally done, I go to play a game that requires an update and it starts downloading, and then freezes at like 5%. Then I get a messege saying it cannot update. Now I've read similar posts in the forums and tried some of the suggestions short of calling in for a system repair. Including, cache cleaning, formatting, proper space and ventilation, resetting internet connection and settings, etc. None with any sort of improvement or progress in a remedy.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there!  This error code suggests the following: 

A storage device (such as a memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the software update. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off your console.
  2. Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 E console or Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.
  3. Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.
  4. Turn on the console
  5. Try updating the console again.

If those suggestions don't work, please reach out to Xbox Official Support. (http://support.xbox.com/contact-us/ :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.