Status Code: 4099-0000-0080-0300-8007-0570

I've been experiencing the error code posted in the topic (4099-0000-0080-0300-8007-0570) for several MONTHS now. It's been really frustrating because it's unlike the codes I normally see in the forums because it's only numbers, no letters. There's only one other instance I've found where someone posted the same code and another person mentioned having it.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/9/p/1646766/4350065.aspx

My Xbox cannot receive any update from Xbox Live and can't even connect. I've tried literally every solution suggested on the support site for network connections (clearing the system cache, restoring to factory network settings, etc.) Nothing has worked for me and I can't figure out what is wrong.

Every time I try to connect to Live, it says an update is required in order to connect. I press ok and almost as soon as the update starts, it says the update failed and that I need to check my network connection and the error code appears. My network connection and my internet are not the problem because they work fine.

It was working fine back in November 2013. I don't know if the December update messed it up or what, but I know I can't solve it.

The worst part is that now my Kinect won't even work. It says and update is required in order to connect but every time I try to do so the above scenario I explained occurs. Now my whole family has to deal with over $400 of now useless games because of something I have no control over and don't know how to fix or have been given any support or explanation for.

I'm not going to send it in for an $80+ repair for something I feel was caused by Microsoft and Xbox. I'm also not going to shell out $200+ for a new console. It works fine in every other aspect except for the fact I can't connect to Live. If anyone could help me figure out what is wrong with my Xbox or what I can do to fix it and solve whatever is wrong with it that would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 63 Applies to:

Some people have found that the reason for this code may be that there is no space on the hard drive.  Try clearing some space or remove the hard drive if you have the Slim console.  See if that solves the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have around 74 GB of free space on my hard drive so I don't think space is the problem. I tried removing the hard drive and that didn't work either.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did everything I could, I have enough space on my harddrive and I'm not able to update with a USB drive. Anyone else has any idea or suggestion?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there macoloco81, this thread is bit old and the original poster hasn't come back in a while. If you'd like to receive assistance cratered specifically to you from our community, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. Thanks so much!

Sorry this didn't help.