status code 3F4A-0000-0080-0300-8007-2746

For the past Month and a bit I have been getting this status code. I have tried clearing my cache multiple times, removing the hardrive and alot of other suggested fixes and so far nothing has worked. I know it's not just my xbox as my sisters is doing the same thing and all the posts on the forums about it.

It wont update from a usb as well.

I have a Halo 4 limited edition xbox with a 320GB harddrive in it. What this code seems to do is not allow me to update anything and before the new xbox update i could still get on live.

This is the second post i've  made about this problem *first time nobody answered* and I could really use the help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 35 Applies to:

Hello

Try this....

Copy the update to a USB flash drive or CD/DVD

If the solutions above did not fix the problem, copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive or CD/DVD, and then install the update on your console. Here’s how:

Copy to a USB flash drive

Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
  2. Download the update file.
  3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
  4. Unzip the file:
  • If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
  • If you are using an earlier version of Windows, you need to use a special software program to unzip the file (for example, WinZip).
  • Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive.
  • Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
  • Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
  • Restart the console.
  • When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.
Burn to CD or DVD

You can also download the update on your computer, burn the update to a CD or DVD, and then installing the update on your console. Here's how:

1. On your computer, download the update file.
  2. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
  3. Unzip the file:
  • If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
  • If you are using an earlier version of Windows, you need to use a special software program to unzip the file (for example, WinZip).
  • Insert a blank, writeable CD or DVD into your computer.
  • Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory on your CD or DVD, and choose to write (burn) the files to the disc.
  • Once the files have been burned to disc, remove that disc from your computer and insert it into the disc drive on your Xbox 360 console.
  • Restart the console.
  • When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

If you get an error code like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0001 (six groups of four-digits), please see Error code after console software update.

---

Error

xxxx-xxxx-xx8x-xxxx-8007-2746

The update could not be downloaded from Xbox LIVE. Try the following:

1. Try installing the update again.
  2. If you’re having problems connecting or staying connected to Xbox LIVE, see Xbox LIVE connection problems.

Note You can also update your console software by copying the update to a USB flash drive or a disc and then applying it to the console. See Troubleshoot console software update problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this did not work, it got the main system update up but now it is not registering that the update is even there and will not allow me to get onto live

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Repsidy!

Appreciate if you could provide us with a bit more information. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold) so that we can help you solve your problem.

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.