Status Code: 397D - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007 - 2751

I sign into Xbox live and it says there is a system update to download. It goes to this status code and doesn't load the update. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps for similar codes and nothing is working. Any help would be nice. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same problem,I tried to restart and make the Xbox Live connection test and it won't work,so im stuck and destinated to play offline for the rest of my life :'( </3

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Im also having this problem just tried signing on and got an xbox update that isnt downloading. Because of this im also having problems signing into xbox live. I reset my route as suggested and was able to connect my router to the internet but then im unable to connect to xbox live. I noticed this is a fairly new problem so hopefully we hear something soon. If not ill be calling xbox support tomorrow.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem last night, but Microsoft had issues with the xbox service and so it was a known problem and possible explanation. There is no service problem this morning, but I still have the problem and cannot update xbox or connect to Live. I get an Update Failed message and error code above.

I fear the latest Microsoft update and recent desicion to include apps and more funtionality has now created a complicated OS that could break and cause a real high impact support issue. If Microsoft could fix my xbox with a remote update then i'm still waiting. Is there a Microsoft official explanation of last nights issue and now a possible high impact support issue with the above error code?

Dan

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, Its a know problem with the new system update:

Please follow the link and attempt each solution

support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

Sorry this didn't help.

Guys I know this sounds like a really simple answer but have you tried clearing your cache? I have practically the same error code...just cleared my cache and everything is working just fine and dandy now!

Sorry this didn't help.

I cleared out my cache like you suggested but my 360 isn't connecting to the internet like it should. I'm on a wireless connection and I usually have no problem with it. I noticed the problem of connecting on Tuesday but I didn't think anything of it and now I still can't get connected. I've tried restarting the router but it's still not connecting. The system gets through to the Network but it fails when it tries to connect to the internet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys I called Xbox maybe 10 min ago and they told me to not just turn off but to unplug your router and modem for 30 sec. Yes its simple but it worked for me. I was very suprised that it did but hopefully this will help you guys out. Make sure you wait at LEAST 30 sec.

Sorry this didn't help.

it makes no sense how are we suppose to update xbox live if we cant connect to xbox live?????

if you look at the thread i put up, some one i think is from xbox gave me a poor poor attempt to help and even suggested its not their hardware its mine.

when did xbox become so playstation like in the sense that they dont really care about the people who pay their salaries.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Romeo! I understand you are having some issues with the latest update. Can you list what troubleshooting steps you have already tried? In addition to the steps listed on the site, also try a direct connection to your modem to see if that alleviates the issues. Let me know, thanks!

Everyone else: For me to best assist you all, please create a new thread for your issue in this forum. Please detail what you are experiencing and briefly describe what you have already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I was seeing the same error, and nothing seemed to help. Then I turned off a DoS security setting on my network switch and now its working and updating as I type.

Sorry this didn't help.