Status Code : 396B - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - D000 - 0185

Hey guys,

Seems I have been unable to download this new update for a number of days now and I am also unable to connect to Xbox Live.  I have been trying to figure out a way to get this working so I am able to log onto Xbox live but from all the different articles being put on here from both xbox users and xbox support staff but none of which I have tried have yet to work!  The thing which is annoying me most here is that I am not only paying for Xbox live but I am also paying for other programs which are only accesible with xbox live so I am really loosing out with this little error!  I would not only be greatful with a speedy reply but I would also like to know what is going to happen about refunding?  And more importantly I think all your xbox live members need an apology for this inconvience which I have yet to find anywhere on this server!

Many thanks 

Vasky baby

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Vaskyrian, Sorry to see that you are having this error issue, but I can say that error number is due to the follow. If you have not already done so, please try the below steps. If you have, let us know so we can try to troubleshoot this further.

A storage device (memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the software update. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off your console.
  2. Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.
  3. Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.
  4. Turn on the console
  5. Try updating the console again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

followed steps but still came up with fault.  go in to setting select storage device and clear cache. that worked for me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.