Status Code: 23EF - 3CD6 - 1380 - 1E04 - C005 - 3007

Hello everyone.  I havent played my xbox in a very long time.  However I have had it in storage in its original box, protected and safely wrapped up the entire time.  Its been sitting in a very safe area, dry, and cool, and not been jumbled around or anything.  

When I finally got a tv worth playing it on just tonight it needed an update(completed a connection test to xbox live, profile and downloaded games/vids/music all still intact).  Well it needing an update is kinda obvious, but it gave the the Status Code listed above in the title, saying it can't process the update.  If anyone could help me since I don't understand how to use this status code, that would be greatly appreciated.  Any info on what I can do to get my self up and running online on multiplayer games would be wonderful.  Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.   

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

According to the page about Update Errorcodes, the Code ending in C005-3007 means you have to contact the official support to get your console repaired or replaced.

But before you eventually waste your time, consider this:

This error is often shown on consoles that have a non-original drive firmware. Maybe you got the console used, and the previous owner (or even you yourself) attempted to replace a broken disc drive himself (or gave it to a repair shop not authorized by Microsoft). Or the console has a Firmware that allowed the console to play unlicensed copies.

If that is the case, don't bother to call, as Microsoft won't repair or replaced consoles that have been repaired or opened by unauthorized parties.

If however the console is really in its original state, then the only way to get that resolved is to contact support and start a repair or replacement process.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In that case I'd still try to call support. The call is toll free, so it won't cost you a thing. And if this repair is not covered by warranty, then you can still decline and buy the console new. So just call, and I'll cross my fingers, that your console gets repaired/replaced for free ;-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Ugh.. thank you...  the xbox is as i bought it new out of the box, but its warranty is long gone, so i doubt they would do anything.  odds are i'd just be better getting a new xbox which wouldnt be such a terrible idea since ive had this xbox premium since the day they came out.

Sorry this didn't help.

I for the life of me failed to figure out how to edit my post if possible, but every time i get this error, and reboot my xbox i get a bottom right red ring(only 1/4 lit up) saying system error on a grey screen in about 6 thousand languages.  I dont know what would be the cause of this but i assume its update issues.  any help would be awesome!!! n.n'

Sorry this didn't help.