Static IP xBox One - Goal to to Port forward

Can't figure out how to get a static IP for my xBox so I can port forward.  IP address seems simple enough I use a number I don't think will ever be assigned.  Subnet mask is the same for everyone. Gateway, ok got that.  Primary DNS, same as Gateway.

Secondary DNS...I think that is the problem.  Some sites said I have to get that from my ISP and I notice that address in my config is nothing I could figure out.  Putting in the IP address or Gateway is not going to work here for me (Verizon FIOS).

Question? Where do I get the proper Secondary DNS address?  And is the Wired MAC address necessary for me to input?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 44 Applies to:

Your router assigns the static IP address. In your router setting search for the Static IP option (typically under the Basic Settings menu).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That is not correct. You set a true static IP manually on the device (in this case Xbox One). Some routers allow you to reserve a specific DHCP IP for a particular device, which accomplishes much the same thing and is preferable but not always an option depending on your router. If your router supports that feature, it will probably be called DHCP reservation or static DHCP IP. Op, this is the best way to go if you can. If not, then you are doing  right to assign an IP that won't be assigned by DHCP (e.g. if DHCP is set to hand out 192.168.1.1-.100, choose .101 or higher). You should not need to enter a secondary DNS (if do, just use the primary again) or MAC. Also, just to be clear, you are doing this on the Xbox One, not your gateway/router, right? Don't change the WAN IP settings on your router...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.