Started downloading GOW at 2AM, still only at 67%

This is getting really annoying.  I vow to never buy a digital game again after this.  I started downloading this game at 2AM, managed to only get to 67% at this very moment.  When I turn my system off it seems to not instal at all, there was a three hour stretch where I turned my system off (with instant on) and it only moved 2%.  

Any help would be appreciated.  MS support says they couldnt help because they didnt know my connection type.  I downloaded Witcher 3 in 45 minutes so its good enough for that.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey mate,

At a guess, I would say its slow due to the amount of people probably downloading and installing it at the moment. Are you still experiencing problems?

Is worth giving your xbox a power cycle (xbox on, then hold down the power button until it turns off, wait for a couple of minutes, then power back up) to see if that might help too :)

I pre downloaded mine, so had no real issue :(

Let me know how you go

Cheers

Denaz

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How do you pre download the game.  I have a few and saw no option to pre download so now I'm waiting to install the game from 0

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Clemo,

Once you preorder the game, the game will be added to your My Games queue, where it should then download from straight away :) Its automatic, and just like if you were to buy a new current game, so you shouldn't need to actually do anything other then buy the preorder, and it will be added to your queue :)

Cheers

Denaz

Sorry this didn't help.