Standing up or laying your xbox 360 down on its side.

Which is better for the system. Standing it straight up or laying it down on its side?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,814 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I lay mine on it's side. The last and only time I had it standing up it mad a deep half moon scratch in my Fallout 3 disc.

I have mind on It's side don't have to worry about It being knocked over.

I have mine on my side but ONLY on the side with the 4 safety thingies on the corners. Just dont try to move up while your xbox is on. It can damage your hardware/Games greatly!

I have mine laying flat. It can't fall over if it's already down.

Laying it flat is actually better because someone over in the design department put the cooling fans on the side you can stand it on when standing it up right o.O .. Mine is the 60G white Xbox .. Laying it flat is better and keeps the DVDs safe when playing them.

I stood my launch unit up for about 2 months after picking it up. After bumping it twice, and hearing the disc skip, I laid it on its side and haven't switched back since. Looks great standing, but it feels a lot safer on its side.

I usually have all of my consoles laying flat, when there's an option. Right now though, my 360 slim is in a Nuclear Green one of these...

calibur11.com/.../xbox.php

...So it's upright. My PS3s, Wii & fat 360s are all still laying flat.

Mine is standing up so i don't have to worry about over heating issue's but i would consider buying a stand for it to support it  so it doesn't tip over.

Horizontal. Honestly I don't think the system was ever meant to be used vertical no matter what anyone says because you're kindarunning too much risk that the disc could scratch not laying in the disc tray properly.

Mine lays on it's side.