Splitting Family account

Thinking of purchasing a family account, however only 1 would be used on my console. The remaining 3 would be used on my wifes console for her account and 2 kids accounts. Is this possible? as I have had my account for 6 yrs and don't want to lose everything.

Is the Family account done by 4 codes or another way?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

For the Family Plan, you will need to purchase it with your gamertag making it the primary account, then add all of the other gamertags onto your console (just to add them to the family plan). Once you have all of the gamertags added to your family plan then you can re-download them onto the other console and all will have Xbox Live Gold. Here is a FAQ on the Family Pack to help you get a better understanding.. If you should have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have read through alot of the FAQ on family pack, it doesn't say all accounts have to be on one console, and that I just add their ID's to the secondary accounts.

Can you verify this please?

Sorry this didn't help.

HLR, that is true. They need to be all on the same console in order to be added to the family pack but after that they can be recovered and used anywhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to make a note that you can also purchase the family plan and then use the Family Center here on Xbox.com to add other gamertags into your family pack eliminating the need to add all to one console as I have found.

Sorry this didn't help.