Spike VGA Award Winners announced.

The winners for the Spike VGA's have been announced.

Nominees for the awards were chosen by the VGA Advisory Council which is made up of game journalists from popular sites such as Entertainment Weekly, Game Informer, Joystiq, Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, GameTrailers, Gamespot, Wired.com, USA Today and The Associated Press.

Here?s the full list of winners:

Game of the Year: The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
Studio of the Year: Telltale Games
Best XBOX 360 Game: Halo 4 (Microsoft Studios/343 Industries)
Best PS3 Game: Journey (Sony Computer Entertainment/thatgamecompany)
Best Wii / Wii-U Game: New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
Best PC Game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games/Firaxis Games)
Best Handheld / Mobile Game: Sound Shapes (Sony Computer Entertainment/Queasy Games)
Best Shooter: Borderlands 2 (2K Games/Gearbox Software)
Best Action Adventure GameB: Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks/Arkane Studios)
Best RPG: Mass Effect 3 (Electronic Arts/BioWare)
Best Multi-Player Game: Borderlands 2 (2K Games/Gearbox Software)
Best Individual Sports Game: SSX (Electronic Arts/EA Canada)
Best Team Sports Game: NBA 2K13 (2K Sports/Visual Concepts)
Best Driving Game: Need For Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts/Criterion Games)
Best Fighting Game: Persona 4 Arena (Atlus/ARC System Works/Atlus)
Best Adapted Video Game: The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
Best Independent Game: Journey (thatgamecompany)
Best Graphics: Halo 4 (Microsoft Studios/343 Industries)
Best Song in a Game: 'Cities' by Beck (Sound Shapes)
Best Original Score: Journey (Sony Computer Entertainment/thatgamecompany)
Best Performance By a Human Male: Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)
Best Performance By a Human Female: Melissa Hutchison as Clementine (The Walking Dead: The Game)
Best Downloadable Game: The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
Best Social Game: You Don't Know Jack (Jellyvision Games)
Best DLC: Dawnguard - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks/Bethesda Game Studios)
Most Anticipated Game: Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Game

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well Happy for Dishonored - awesome game!

I was pleased to see my choice won best RPG  and although it isn't to some gamers' tastes, the coop 4 player has kept me amused and away from my other games for ages .

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

Thats the thing, as someone who had their Borderlands 2 experience ruined by the bugs and issues, the online of it is just co-op....nothing more, hardly MP in any way

-

So Co-Op of a game won the bet MP for 2012, doesnt say much about MP this year

[/quote]

It doesn't really lol.

[quote user="Piztup"]

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

[quote user="Piztup"]

Halo4 best xbox 360 game??????  WTF!!!!

[/quote]

What do you think should have won? 

[/quote] Now thats a good question. I cant answer that as i have not been buying many games this year, i just found it strange that halo 4 got it, when theres been some other good titles out. 

[/quote]

I'd say it's been the best mate... Graphics that look like it's on a new console, brilliant voice acting, great story, co-op content added on a weekly basis, best multiplayer since Rainbow Six (for me anyway).... can't really fault it.

4 games have wowed me this year, Halo 4, Assassins Creed 3,Walking Dead and Far Cry 3.... Forced to pick one, it'd be Halo 4 I reckon.

EDIT: borderlands 2 was/is great fun, but it's essentially nothing new over the first one..... Dragons Dogma was/is awesome too btw, should probably incude that with the 4 games above.

I haven't played Borderland 2 yet, but I will get it.  What issues and bugs did it have?  Are they patched now?

Thats the thing, as someone who had their Borderlands 2 experience ruined by the bugs and issues, the online of it is just co-op....nothing more, hardly MP in any way

-

So Co-Op of a game won the bet MP for 2012, doesnt say much about MP this year

Despite the issues some had/having with Borderlands 2 I'm glad it won "Best Multi-Player Game" .. For me playing it through on co-op was just so much fun.

I was a little bit suprised ( Not that I thought either game deserved the title ) not to see either Halo 4 or Black Ops 2 win this though.

I believe it deserves the Game of the Year awards for the story but that does not forgive it the flaws that continue to affect the game.

-

I only hope the reason they have not been fixed is that Telltale are working to eliminate them from the disc based release and then patch the download version/

Ah well, I loved my experience with the game, it deserves all the accolades its getting now

40k.. what a urine take :D

-

No wonder this gen has been so broken.