Spider-Man: Edge of Time - Anyone got it?

The title really does say it all; has anyone got Edge of Time, and if so, what do you think of it?

My copy turned up from Activision this morning, and so far I've only put about an hour into it, but I did quite enjoy that hour.

- Combat was fairly typical button mashing, but felt fun enough. 

- Controls felt a little imprecise when web-swinging and wall-crawling. Doesn't help that the first hour I played was all set indoors. Spidey ain't meant for indoors, ****!

- Story seems pretty interesting so far, even if it does raise about a million points on the base laws of physics and hypotheotical.... I'll stop there.

- Voice acting seemed solid.

- Anti-Venom!!!

So what do you guys think, or are you planning on picking it?

Wolf 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No....and the replies to this thread interest me. #Deploy Az

Love it except for the Spider-Man 2099 free-fall sections. I've reached one and I simply can not get past it because of my poor reaction times.

It feels very much like Shattered Dimensions and I loved the little dig about the Spider-Marriage near the beginning.

The freefall section has killed it for me though.

In my opinion Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is the best Spider-Man game I've played. 

[quote user="voteDC"]

Love it except for the Spider-Man 2099 free-fall sections. I've reached one and I simply can not get past it because of my poor reaction times.

[/quote]
Only had to do two of those so far and found the controls to be irritating. I'd try to go right and either I'd just not move or I'd move too far and smack into something :D 

[quote user="xxW0LFxx TFD"]

[quote user="voteDC"]

[/quote]
Only had to do two of those so far and found the controls to be irritating. I'd try to go right and either I'd just not move or I'd move too far and smack into something :D [/quote]I don't think the collision detection is quite right. Many times I think I've passed an object only to seemingly collide with it.

[quote user="L1nko64"]

#Deploy Az

[/quote]

I just got the image of an ODST pod slamming into the ground and Az staggering out, waving smoke away. :D

OK here's what I don't get, you have Spiderman 1 which was an improvement on the previous ones, you then Have Spiderman 2 considered the defining thing of the genre then you have the still damn fine Spiderman 3, then Ultimate spiderman which was still good. So why have the modern Spiderman games removed the things that made 2 ,3 and ultimate work by making linear levels when Spiderman was meant to swing through the city, I'd actually get back to the spiderman games if they hadn't started going backwards. Though with the comic One more day you could say the games are following the comics, going backwards for no apparent reason other than morons behind the wheel.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

OK here's what I don't get, you have Spiderman 1 which was an improvement on the previous ones, you then Have Spiderman 2 considered the defining thing of the genre then you have the still damn fine Spiderman 3, then Ultimate spiderman which was still good. So why have the modern Spiderman games removed the things that made 2 ,3 and ultimate work by making linear levels when Spiderman was meant to swing through the city, I'd actually get back to the spiderman games if they hadn't started going backwards. Though with the comic One more day you could say the games are following the comics, going backwards for no apparent reason other than morons behind the wheel.

[/quote]
I agree completely, mate. The indoor setting of Edge of Time just doesn't suit web-slinging at all. Spidey needs massive open spaces to swing in! I understand them trying to do something different with the games, but enclosed spaces simply don't suit this style of character

Glad i'd seen this. I was tempted to get my son this but shalln't bother.   I was expecting this to be a free roaming world like spiderman3. Now that was a great game. Shame i never did loads to it--i blame all the new releases coming out at the time.What a shame they've gone backwards i.m.o.  I think i will pick up a preowned copy of spiderman3 for him...

[quote user="hobblejp"]OK here's what I don't get, you have Spider-Man 1 which was an improvement on the previous ones, you then Have Spider-Man 2 considered the defining thing of the genre then you have the still damn fine Spider-Man 3, then Ultimate Spider-Man which was still good. So why have the modern Spider-Man games removed the things that made 2 ,3 and ultimate work by making linear levels when Spider-Man was meant to swing through the city, I'd actually get back to the Spider-Man games if they hadn't started going backwards. Though with the comic One more day you could say the games are following the comics, going backwards for no apparent reason other than morons behind the wheel.[/quote]Web of Shadows is a free-roam game.

You can swing around the City as much as you want and don't have to touch the main storyline until you want to. Taking part in the main storyline does change the type of enemies you come across though while free-roaming.

The only complaint I have about Web of Shadows is the camera, which can occasionally throw you the most inopportune angle.

It's a game well worth checking out if you liked the older Spider-Man titles. 

Stepping out of the pod... waving the smoke away...

I love the Amazing Spider-Man.  I have the first issue of every one of the comics with the exception of "Amazing".

I also have no real desire to play this game, probably for the reasons mentioned above.

They don't seem to have gotten "Spider-Man" right for a while now.

Oh well, at least it's something kind of different...

(to the Spider-Man games we enjoyed)

Az