Speed Issue.

Firstly sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, these forums just became so confusing since I was last on.

Anyway, my problem is that my internet speed already sucks, and my brother decides to spend most of the day streaming or downloading, I have full access to my router settings (A BT Home Hub 3.0), and wanted to know what I can do to limit the bandwidth usage on his PC, through the settings I have only been able to find port forwarding, which I am not 100% sure what it does, but port forwarding is now enabled to my Xbox 360.

If there is anyone that knows what i can do to limit his bandwidth usage, or increase mine, on a Home hub. Or understands what port forwarding is, it would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Alright, First off port forwarding is when you want someone outside your house to connect to your computer or a program on your computer (e.g.: Terriaria server, Minecraft server) so that is not the correct way to do it. Due to past knowledge, I am going to assume that your Xbox is in a basement or upstairs far from your router. The Xbox is made to take up most of the bandwidth so it should actually be your brother with slow connection and, if your Xbox is in the right place, You should have great connection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My Xbox is upstairs connected wirelessly, and with a 2.6 download and 0.5 upload, the minute he does anything, it throttles me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Lime Lyfe! If you're looking for faster connection speeds you might consider a direct connection as opposed to wireless. Can you try a direct connection via ethernet cable and let us know if that speeds things up for you? Otherwise, you might want to consider having a chat with your brother about his usage. That might be the simplest solution.

Sorry this didn't help.