Special Ahievement for reaching 1000G on retail games/Platinium Trophy

Hey everyone;

I am not sure if this has been discussed before, but I think implementing a special achievement or a special sign (stars for example) for reaching 1000G (excluding DLC) on retail games would be nice, something similar in concept for platinium trophy for the PS3..for example on my profile it says  S3 G10525, where S represent a certain symbol for completing 3 retail games with their shipped cheevos. As this will give better picture about the gamer than plain achievement number as it might be came across of many multiple games which are not completed 100%.  I dont think this will be that hard to introduce with the a dashboard update!! what do you think guys.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i think the next console should do away with achievements as it promotes cheating, boosting and go back to gaming roots.  it is a number and therefore does not require a special image or trophy.

Nope. Not a good idea at all IMO.

would you be happy losing that symbol when they release dlc?

it would give you an obligation to buy the dlc just to get your symbol back.

it will also introduce a whole new group of cheats and hackers.

why would you lose the symbol as it would be there for game achievements only not dlc same as ps3 does it

No.  Having 1000/1000 is satisfactory enough.

Just get the PS3 version if you want a platinum trophy- it isn't like there are too many 360 exclusives anymore....

Achievements are okay, but, they need to do more with them. You should get 100MSP for every game you go 1000/1000 on. You'd get an extra 50MSP for any DLC.

[quote user="Kinectimal"]

Achievements are okay, but, they need to do more with them. You should get 100MSP for every game you go 1000/1000 on. You'd get an extra 50MSP for any DLC.

[/quote]

Sorry but this is never going to happen. Too many Boosters, Cheaters and besides no Company is ever going to pay someone in cash for playing a Game. That is unless that's their job as a Game Tester.

Short story, Companies don't pay Consumers. Consumers pay Companies.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Short story, Companies don't pay Consumers. Consumers pay Companies.

[/quote]
Wrong. When a company screws up from making shoddy products or engages in fraudulent behavior, they are held liable to the aggrieved party i.e. "the consumer", in which they are entitled to some form of remuneration. 

[quote user="Beta Bri"][quote user="LostKauz"]Short story, Companies don't pay Consumers. Consumers pay Companies.[/quote]Wrong. When a company screws up from making shoddy products or engages in fraudulent behavior, they are held liable to the aggrieved party i.e. "the consumer", in which they are entitled to some form of remuneration. [/quote]"Wrong" and I'm not even going to go there with you. Look up the word "Consumer". Just because you say the word "wrong" does not make it true.