Spam bots

Hello, I've been asked by Xbox support to make a thread about spam bots spamming accounts (to bring it to the enforcement teams attention). Last night, I got similar messages from multiple gamertags banging on about live webcam shows. As kids use this service, these spam bots need dealing with before they become a bigger issue. I have the gamertags and conversations in full, but not sure I can post the gamertags on the forum, as they could be hijacked accounts.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

The enforcement team does not use the forums. You can use the reporting and blocking features on the console to bring these users to the attention of the enforcement team.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In this case, we hope you can report the user with the steps here http://xbx.lv/2onlecz  so they can get this cleared up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Reporting does NOTHING! For every spam bot account that gets banned 10 more will be created! This is not a resolution at all! Essentially we're all being harassed on the service we PAY TO USE and were being told to do something that resolves NOTHING! There has to be something more Microsoft can do!

Sorry this didn't help.

MS is working on this issue to help them you can report the user with the steps here https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howTo#sub-topic2-0 This way MS can find the account and block them from this activity

Also, you can change your privacy setting for communications to friends only and this will prevent these type of account from sending you messages. 

You can also change your privacy setting to friends only to prevent these type of messages too

Sorry this didn't help.