Sound cutting out

Hello can anyone help?

I have just got a new style 360 and the sound keeps cutting out for a couple of seconds every 10, 15 minutes, does sometimes seem as though it does it when loading.

This is the second one that does it, I have just reurned the 1st one after just a week of owning it as I thought it was faulty and they replaced it but this one is doing it also.

I have a had few of the old style 360's with the same TV (Panasonic Viera if it makes a difference?) and never seen this problem.

I have tried 2 different HDMI cables and it still does the same.

Have I got another faulty 360? is it just the new 360's are rubbish? am I missing a setting somewhere which I didn't need to set up on the old 360's?

I have read there was an update to get rid of this problem a couple of years ago, how do I get that update?

Please help or its going back for another one.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1,343 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there, IlluminatiRsng! Glad to see you were able to sort everything out! This thread is over 3 years old. If you need assistance with any other support issues, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same issue. I have mine running through an LG home theater system and had it set to Dolby 5.1 and once I changed it to stereo and the problem went away.

Sorry this didn't help.

Got it sorted now, should have been obvious really. Put the correct settings in and it works ok.

The display discovery doesn't work with my TV, it just doesn't do anything so I had no idea it wasn't working, it should say something like "display not found set manually". I manually put the info in, even the detect TV size didn't work.

In Audio I have changed it to "Digital stereo" it was set on one of the dolby settings, probably this is why it didn't work. I don't quite understand these settings can anyone enlighten me? if I set it to Dolby do I need a Dolby compatible TV?

Sorry this didn't help.

most likly to be a tv fault rather than your xbox it may just be the lead that goes into the tv tho.

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried on a different TV, only for a short amount of time but seemed to work ok. So now it has to be something to do with the TV or settings on the 360. I'm not convinced about the HDMI sockets being faulty or dusty.

I'll try altering some settings but if anyone know which I should be altering for sound it would help. Would it only be in the "Audio" section or would the "Display" section have anything to do with it?

A thought, the other TV is far newer than my current one, could it be something to do with the auto detect on the 360 that doesn't work correctly on my older TV?

Sorry this didn't help.

x1Redline1x - I'll try swapping TV later today, not sure what you are saying about streaming from a PC? my 360 isn't connected to a PC at all?

Miss Portia - just with a standard HDMI cable (I have tried 2), the sound comes out of the TV and not through any other music system.

ch0g - I've done a search on google for the answer and there is a few people over the years with the same problem but no one reports the fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

Weird :S

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there OP - how exactly is your console connected to the TV?

Sorry this didn't help.

The odds of receiving two defective models with the same audio problem are highly unlikely, though not impossible. I would suggest testing on another TV so that you can try and narrow down the problem. If the other TV has the same problem I would contact Xbox LIVE support again via 18004MYXBOX. I do know that streaming from PC to the Xbox can cause problems with audio skipping or getting out of sync on certain files, but with the proper setup it'll work nicely. If the other TV plays fine, then it would be a problem with the TV you're currently using. You can contact your television set company's support, or buy a new one.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried giving the sockets a cleanout, they did seem to have dust in. I have even tried swapping sockets, the TV has 2 HDMI sockets and I know the other one works ok with the DVD player and it still cuts out.

I don't think thats the answer.

Sorry this didn't help.