Sound Cutting Out

I have HDMI out going to my TV and the audio optical out to my Vizio soundbar. I've had no issues with delay or anything else with any other systems, including Ps3, 360, and regular tv. With the xbox one for some reason if no sound is outputting for a second or more the soundbar disables or something. So for instance if I'm sitting at the home menu where there is no sound, then start moving around (and thusly usually hearing the click) I hear nothing for half a second, and then you volume goes up from 0 to whatever its set at. 

So if audio is continuous, such as watching football where the fans cheering is always background noise, there is no issue. But as soon as it gets silent for a second it's like the sound bar turns off and has to turn back on as soon as sound comes back. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there Xzanatos! That definitely sounds a bit odd. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start off, here's a couple questions to help us better understand the situation:

1. Have you tried plugging your console directly into the TV (bypassing the sound bar)? If so, did you still experience the sound delay?
  2. Also, if you're doing something like sitting on the dashboard and you experience the sound delay, is it continuous after the first delay? Or does it "catch up" after the first delay and only delays again if you let it go silent for a while?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The sound is fine when using the TV speakers. So there's a communication issue going from X1 -> TV -> Soundbar. But I don't have the issue with anything else. And the sound delay restarts anytime there is about a second of silence.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.