Sound, but no video.

My Xbox refuses to do HD output. I am using the Energizer Universal HD component cables because my HDTV is an older model and doesn't have HDMI. There is nothing wrong with the cables because they display HD on my PS3 (tested after Xbox wouldn't display), and it will display the standard definition on my Xbox through these cables.

I did the Y+RT reset to no prevail. And while these HD components are plugged in, I can plug in the yellow/standard, change the input and the Xbox displays there. It's like it's not even picking up I have the HD cables in at all. They just worked fine yesterday, so I don't understand. And this shouldn't make any difference, but I had it hooked up to a different TV yesterday, but the same exact model as mine.

I am using the Slim 250gb model.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey..Check your setting in your 360 for video hook up.Be sure your using the correct setting.I only say this cause if you hook up to a diffrent tv it will reset to play on that tv,just dbl check that.And be sure on the cord its set to hd.

Let us know how you made out and if it didnt help we will try other ways..Good luck..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

have you tried all of these yet?  forums.xbox.com/.../153176.aspx 

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't really check my settings because I don't have a display. And my cable isn't the Xbox HD component cables, so I don't have the switch.

And I've tried the solutions for no video at least 10 times each. I don't get why it's not putting out HD. My system is like 3 days old and I'm currently getting HD output on my PS3 with these cables. I was gonna plus my cables in and do a Factory Reset, but I don't really know how to do that.

I even reset my TV back to factory settings and re-did the initial setup using my standard definition cables, but to no prevail. Just a black screen and no errors.

Sorry this didn't help.