Sound, but no picture.

Hi!  My problem started when I accidently stepped on my rca cable, slightly bending the prong on the yellow video plug.  I carefully tried to 'right'  the prong, but it kind of snapped, so I plugged it into my standard television and turned my 360 slim, just to find that I had sound, yet no video.  I promptly dug up my rca cable from my original 360 and tried that out, with the same results.  I switched my dvd player (with the same yellow, red, white) to the same inputs, and the dvd player worked just fine, picture and sound.  I wheeled in a backup standard television and had the exact same results.  Any ideas what might be going on?  I appreciate ANY help!!!

P.S. I scanned through over 100 posts here in this forum, but found little information, so I apologize if this kind of issue has already been solved.  Also, I did go to xbox.com/support, but that did not help my situation.  Thanks!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Greetings Boozor,

Please let me try to help you.

First, please try the following:

1.  Remove any devices, such as a receiver, placed between the console and the TV.

2. If your TV has an eco/energy saving mode, turn off the video options.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try to disconnect all the cables including the power and the audio video cable. (it's the cable going from your console or xbox 360 to your tv). Before you plug it back try also to wipe the prongs or the metal part of the cables to ensure it has no debris or anything that would mess up the connection. If your using an HDTV make sure that the switch of your component cable is click on the hdtv settings.

If it still not working for you, try to use a different TV.

Also, is possible that the GPU (graphics proccessing unit) has overheated and melted the VGA card (Video game array) card. For that you can request a repair here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I suppose that is possible, though in the past 2 days, I have only turned the console on maybe 5 times, each time for only 2-3 minutes.  Who knows.  Would taking my hard drive out be worthwhile at all, trying that first?

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, I did take out the hard drive and the 8 gig memory stick, and I now have picture!!  However, plugging either of those in denies me picture.  Any tips on that problem, anyone?  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, could you try resetting the display settings on our console please as described below.

-

Power the console on using the guide button on a controller, as the console boots up press and hold Y and the right trigger on the controller, the display settings will be reset and the console will reboot.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Boozor,

You'd probably want to contact XBOX Support as without any way of being able to put in a hard drive or even a secondary storage device (USB Flash Drive) I believe there's something wrong with your console and it would need to be repaired.

A repair can be started by going here.

Sorry this didn't help.