Sorry Cannot purchase at this time

For the past few months, I have been get constant:  'Sorry you cannot purchase at this time  Please again later' error message when trying to download the Games for gold XBox360 live monthly offer but I have no problem downloading the Xbox one live games for gold.   I think I missed a few because of this error after trying several times for several days and not being successful.   I am not even certain how I got it to work today but I was trying for more than 30 minutes   Since I've had problems over the past few months, I don't want to have problems in the future.   Can someone tell me what I need to do to avoid the error.  I checked xbix live system status and there were no reported issues each time this has happened to me.    I was trying to purchase both from a tablet and from a laptop with the same error     Like I said above,  I've only got the error the past few months with my XBOX360 purchase and not with my Xbox one purchases  (free monthly god games

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hello Antflame,

It could be the error is related to your payment method and you may want to try purchasing the content from an actual Xbox 360 console.

However, what sounds more likely is a region error - does your physical location match your billing address and your account region? If not (you can check here: https://billing.microsoft.com) you can run into this error as some Xbox 360 games will not download outside your account's region.

Let us know how you get on.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.