SOMETHING REALLY STRANGE IS HAPPENING!

TWO THINGS THAT ARE SCARING ME:

1. Gears 3 data corrupt waaaaaay after launch

2. Xbox Live issues (This is what I'm really curious about and really afraid of the most)

I've read up on the Gears 3 corrupt files, but all I can find is people's data corrupt if they've played it early before official launch, or something, as a sort of punnishment for people who play before they're supposed to.

But it only just happened to me a few hours ago and is why I'm curious; what happened.

Also, is there anyone else experiencing issues with Xbox Live? Everything else is fine regarding the other saves from other games I have on the HDD, but the corrupted Gears 3 data and the Xbox Live is what I'm curious about.

Whenever I sign-in to Xbox Live everything is just very, very slow. ACTUALLY, WHAT HAPPENED WAS: I had to delete my corrupt Profile (yes, the Profile in the HDD Memory actually said 'corrupted') and then download it again from Xbox Live. It took about 3 Hrs to re-download the Profile. Since all this went down, and then me having to do all this, everything's just been waaaaaaaay too slow.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

xbox live is up and running fine here on my end. but for your corrupt game save did you ever recover your profile on someone elses xbox  or maybe accidently deleted your gears 3 data?

as for the slow internet speed sorry for the inconvience you can try to contact xbox 1(800) 4MY XBOX is the number

or try xbox.com/support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, yes, I did have my brother recover his profile on my Xbox 360 HDD. Ever since everything's been messed up. Could there be some kind of a connection here?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've just figured out that it's definitely the HDD. I recovered my Profile on my Bro's system... fine. I tried using another HDD on my system... fine. Everything else works. It's only when I use my 120GB HDD. I recently did a Data Transfer of all the stuff from my old 20GB HDD to the new 120GB HDD. This leaves me with some questions:

1. Are all HDDs for Xbox 360 the same; in other words does it matter where I got it from?

2. I got my 120GB HDD from Amazon... now I know you're probably thinking it's a fake, but it came in official Xbox 360 packaging. Anyway, on the back of the actual HDD it says made in Thailand... is that alright?

3. I did the Transfer without using the Transfer Disc (the disc was unreadable, or something), so I don't know; is that a problem?

4. I didn't Format the HDD before I did the Transfer... is that an issue?

5. If there's no other way around this would it be alright to Transfer all the stuff from this HDD to another 120GB HDD or a 250GB HDD (it's already been done from a 20BG to a 120GB)?

6. Would Microsoft be able to assist me in any way?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would not think this would work but you can try if you have yet to.

Try to clear your HDD cache

Sorry this didn't help.

Haha! Tried that too. If only life was that easy. But I definitely appreciate the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

You would be fine to transfer to another hard drive - there wouldn't be an issue with that. Are you still having the connection issues? If so, please review the START HERE sticky and post the info requested there: forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.