someone's been hacking into my xbox live account. need assistance!

I started playing today and it said that "DreadRaindrop60 (me) was last signed in on another console". Now this is completely untrue, as I only have one console and have NEVER signed into my profile on another X-Box 360. I'm a faithful guy. Now I look at my activity, and suddenly a game I've never played is on there! Fifa '12 (I don't play sports games at all)! And not only was the last activity today, but someone has unlocked achievements (verified on both this website and the console itself)!Oh, but it gets better. As I was looking for the forum to type this, I also noticed that I now have zero Mircosoft Points (or whatever the X-Box Live currency is called)! I had something like 1200 beforehand, and now they're all gone (again, confirmed on the computer and the console).

Clearly, some. one has hacked into my profile. I was mysteriously signed onto another console, I have a game on here that I've never played before, AND all my currency points for downloading games has been stolen! Can someone please tell me how to rectify this problem and recover my stolen currency points?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

you need to call support for your region and open an unauthorized access case. Also you may want to call the credit card company if you have a credit card attached to your account and let them know your account was stolen and you want to dispute any recent charges as well as any new charges.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm afriad this is, sadly, a well known hack now, and has been affecting a great many people. If you have an EA account and the password you use for it is the same as your WLID (Windows Live ID) password, then that is how you have been hacked.

The first thing I would suggest, since you still have control of your account, is to change your WLID password. If you are able to, it is probably advisable to create a brand new WLID, link it to nothing other than your XBL account, make your password as secure and complex as possible. You can change WLID from Account Management on your dashboard.

Next, you need to get on the phone to Xbox Support. I believe the number is 1-800-4myxbox. You will need to report that there was unauthorized access into your account. Please be aware though, that they will have to lock your account down while the investigation takes place, this may last around a month. I believe, you should also be refunded your missing MS points that the hacker has spent. If you have any cards linked to your XBL account, please also check these to see if there had been any purchase of MS points.

Sorry that you got hacked =(

Sorry this didn't help.

And it cannot be stressed enough just how naive it is to use the same password across multiple accounts. Should be noted as well that the "EA hack" wasn't a hack of EA.com but of an old (and I do mean old) Neverwinter Nights forum database. Hence unless you have an account for that particular forum (since it was never folded into EA.com but just taken offline completely) your hacker didn't obtain your details from EA.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the responses. I DIDN'T have an EA account, but apparently I do now (one of the fradulent charges that showed up today). These *** had a field day, stealing over 1500 points from me, and frankly I hope they end up in a very viscious prison, though I highly doubt that. I did do the whole changing of my WLID password like the site suggested, as well as the things where you cut off access to your account from other consoles or something like that. And now I've got to deal with my credit card company as well. Thankfully, all the charges happened TODAY, so it narrows down everything.

What do you mean by locking down my profile? I imagine that means no X-Box Live (which means no multiplayer and no XBLA downloads), and that's fine. But will I still be able to get achievements for games I play while it's locked down? I won't lose my current achievements, right? I worked hard for them.

Sorry this didn't help.

XBL locking down your profile would mean that you wouldn't be able to use it at all, I think. You might be able to play it offline, I'm not sure, maybe another member of the community might be able to answer that better? You wont lose any of your current achievements or anything like that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear about your account. After reading this post I went ahead and changed my account password just in case if anyone tried to hack into my account.  I hope you get the Bastards!

Sorry this didn't help.

the same thing has happened to me my friend but the only difference in who ever hacked my account has been hacking others with it cause i am 10th and 15th on most call of dutys how can i get my account back after being wrongly banned

Sorry this didn't help.

Unauthorised access investigation > find in your favour > get account back if banned.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Raeburn1991, as VernierSlake has mentioned - Opening and unauthorized access investigation is a strong first step towards getting your account back. If you believe your account was tampered with you'll need to contact phone support. If you instead just have questions concerning your ban you can direct that inquiry to Forum 15 "My LIVE account was suspended".

Sorry this didn't help.