someone tell me why you still charge for xbox live, one good reason, just one

I never thought I would be saying this but its true. My subscription ends February 2nd and I don't think i'm going to renew.

My xbox live subscription is going on 8 years now, maybe 9 with this current calender year turning over. All my friends went the way of the Playstation because of the free to play. I think about what my xbox subscription really does for me? I mean beyond access to play the few games I have time for, and the answer is nothing. 

So what do i do, call in and get someone who has no idea how to relate to my situation or geographic location. Totally disengaging, but that's what I have come to expect from you guys. I pay my yearly subscription to play 2 games. When I have an actual issue I don't get the support I pay for. 

The only thing I really like is the controller and the way the system is set up. Im sure you get this every day and its the same thing but im asking what I get for what I pay and I cant see anything. Then tell me to check out the rewards site and get points? So I'm forced to buy zumba or some stupid ufc workout game that will get me 2/3 the way to my free live subscription. Please

So what are you going to do about a loyal customer who doesn't have time for silly points.  

Oh and im for sure putting this post on my Facebook wall, i'm sure people will resonate with me 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Very simple solution,don`t buy it.

[quote user="Jay Kuzy"]

I never thought I would be saying this but its true. My subscription ends February 2nd and I don't think i'm going to renew.

My xbox live subscription is going on 8 years now, maybe 9 with this current calender year turning over. All my friends went the way of the Playstation because of the free to play. I think about what my xbox subscription really does for me? I mean beyond access to play the few games I have time for, and the answer is nothing. 

So what do i do, call in and get someone who has no idea how to relate to my situation or geographic location. Totally disengaging, but that's what I have come to expect from you guys. I pay my yearly subscription to play 2 games. When I have an actual issue I don't get the support I pay for. 

The only thing I really like is the controller and the way the system is set up. Im sure you get this every day and its the same thing but im asking what I get for what I pay and I cant see anything. Then tell me to check out the rewards site and get points? So I'm forced to buy zumba or some stupid ufc workout game that will get me 2/3 the way to my free live subscription. Please

So what are you going to do about a loyal customer who doesn't have time for silly points.  

Oh and im for sure putting this post on my Facebook wall, i'm sure people will resonate with me 

[/quote]

Ever heard the saying you get what you pay for? Personally I wouldnt switch to PS because its free. Id switch for exclusives

For starters, you get a closed, secure and monitored service. There's probably more I'm leaving out. ;)

-Jim

What am I getting exactly? tell me what they do for you after they take your money. think hard.  Then tell me what they do after you are loyal for 9 years? think hard

[quote user="Jay Kuzy"]What am I getting exactly? tell me what they do for you after they take your money. think hard.[/quote]

They provide the service you pay for,if you don`t feel you are getting your moneys worth,don`t buy it.

[quote user="Jay Kuzy"] Then tell me what they do after you are loyal for 9 years? think hard[/quote]

What are you expecting to get??

You paid for a service,you got that service,why should you get a reward??

No companies offer any loyalty bonuses these days.

You get call of duy dlc early and battlefield dlc early.

You are paying for access to online multiplayer.. Well that is what it was for when xbox live first started. Now it seems to cover everything you would get free if you went elsewhere *cough* apps *cough*.

[quote user="Jay Kuzy"]just one [/quote]It makes them a great deal of money.

Don't recall where I read it but the single biggest profit made by Microsoft's entertainment division, of which Xbox is a part, comes from the Gold Subscription.

As much as I complain about it, I still pay it. Microsoft would be stupid to give it up. 

I'm not sure why, but I pay it for my friends.  They would miss me...and I'd miss a couple too.  

My good, I buy it because I like to play halo and gears of war online multiplayers, but didnt another other reason for waste my money, PSN its a lot better than Xbox Live also have more great games like god of war or the last of us, and what about for apps!? why I have to pay for use my netflix account or Internet explorer on xbox? its like I had to pay for use it on my smart tv! Its just ridiculous