Someone says they are going to hack my account

Over on the EA forums there is this guy who ddos me and everyone over there knows he can do it. The mods over there  won't do anything about it. I let everyone know over there who this guy was and what he was doing and now he is saying he is going to hack my account. He does have my email address. What can I do to prevent this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 52 Applies to:

A five minute sequential power cycle should get a new IP address from your ISP and break the DDoS link. The order and timing of the steps is important to success:

1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).

3) unplug power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox.

Then, I would consider making a new Microsoft Account at http://signup.live.com then changing the Microsoft Account assigned to your gamertag on the Xbox with Settings | Account | Account Security | Change Microsoft Account. Mister Hacker will be then very disasppointed  :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

If you believe that your Xbox 360 console or computer has experienced a DoS or DDoS attack, you should do the following:

• Reset your Internet router (see "Solution 2: Restart your network equipment")
  • Contact your ISP
  • If you are certain of the identity of the DoS or DDoS attacker:
    • Contact the attacker’s ISP
    • File a complaint with Xbox. (To learn more about how to file a complaint, see Player complaints and Xbox LIVE suspensions and bans.)
      • When you file the complaint, select the "tampering" category when filling out your complaint form.
  • Avoid the individual in the future when you use Xbox LIVE
What can I do to stop the attack?

If you're currently experiencing a DoS or DDoS attack, try resetting your Internet router (that is, your DSL or cable modem), which may resolve the DoS or DDoS attack. A proper reset involves removing the power source for 5 to 10 minutes. This will increase the likelihood that you will get a new IP address that the attacker will not have access to.

If you try the above and still experience the DoS or DDoS attack, contact your ISP to report the attack.

What can Xbox LIVE do to prevent these attacks?

DoS and DDoS attacks do not happen in the Xbox LIVE service. Instead, they happen through the IP address of the attacked device.

For more information about preventing DoS and DDoS attacks, contact your ISP.

Sorry this didn't help.

[MOD REMOVED] SIAD THAT HE WAS GOING TO DO SOMETHING TO MY ACCOUNT ON XBOX LIVE.

Sorry this didn't help.

was going to heack.

Sorry this didn't help.