Someone may be hacking me.

I'm not all sure if he has the power he claims to but just in case I would like to know my options.. I have messages from him saying he is hacking me so who it is, is no mystery but, I was wondering how long would it take to recover my account back. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hello!  

If you feel that your account has been compromised, and that this person might have access to your account, I would strongly suggest changing your Microsoft Account and Password (used to be called Windows Live ID and Password). You can find information on how to that here: support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account

Additionally, you need to report the messages via your console, and then block the user from sending you anymore messages.

How to file a complaint via your console: support.xbox.com/.../chat-terms-of-use-conduct

How to block a user: support.xbox.com/.../mute-block-avoid-players    Topic is about halfway down the page.

Finally, if your account has already been compromised, I would call XBox customer support in your country and ask them to investigate. You can find the appropriate telephone number here: forums.xbox.com/.../964344.aspx

If you had a credit card or debit card attached to your account, and the account has been compromised, remember to check your monthly statements for fraudulent activity, and be sure to report it to the bank immediately.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

-

if your security settings are all filled in and up to date, he shouldn't be able to hack you.

See this link on how to protect your account:

www.xbox.com/.../Account-Security

If all is setup there your account is pretty safe.

-

And maybe it is wise to change your password security question and check your security proofs if all are up to date.

-

If your account is hacked and you are not able to access your account or points or money was stolen, you need to contact Xbox Support. An investigation usually takes a few weeks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.