Someone is using my email for an Xbox LIVE trial :(

This is actually the second time this has happened. Got an email saying "Welcome to your Xbox LIVE Gold 30 day Trial". Sure enough, someone just popped in my email address (probably because it's just "myname"@email and I share the same name as these people) to start up their Xbox LIVE 30 day trial. I'm sure this violates the terms of service in one way or another, as well as just generally making me feel uncomfortable. I'm able to log into their account because, well, they don't own the associated email address, I do. Can I cancel their 30 day trial from web, or do I need to call for this? Can I get their account banned from trying to go "Gold" in the future?

Seriously, f- this guy.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Just take you email off the account.

There is no reason to get angry.

This in no way violates the ToS, it was your fault for making your email something so plain.

Contact Xbox Support line, tell them about this and that you want to get your Email off the account.

The user will be prompted they need to update their information the next time they log in.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, this is somehow my fault that someone else falsified their information when signing up.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can certainly understand your frustration. Please contact Phone Support for assistance with this issue. :)

Sorry this didn't help.