Someone Host Booting

Hi i know a lot about pulling ip addreses and host booting, but some kid in my party host booted ina lot of games and said the people he "Host Booted" just "Lagged Out"

The other person said he was reporting everyone in the party, including me. now i didnt do anything, but will xbox look and understand mabye i was in the game when the stuff was happening but i didnt do anything.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 192 Applies to:

Each complaint is investigated by an enforcement team member, so they will be able to tell if you were doing something wrong or if you weren't. As long as you haven't done anything wrong, you'll be fine. You could have a million complaints filed against you, but it wouldn't matter if you haven't done anything wrong.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I see this threads abit old but hopefully you may see this post or this will help others in future

Many people say that this is not possible, but trust me look how much technology has changed today, something like kicking people offline on xbox live. hopefully my content below can help you.

1.Ive experienced getting host booted myself 2.Im an I.T student and have a strong knowledge of networks. 3. I know what software is being used to do this. DDOS attacking is illegal. Sadly theres nothing we can do about it and my confidence in Microsoft is dwindling as ive contacted them before and just be shoved aside and didnt even recieve replys from their security team. However there are some steps you can take to avoid this.

1.Since these players have your IP, you will need to turn your router off for about 20-30 minutes. This gives your router time to reset and 80% of the time will assign you a new IP. (If this step works for you then your free to play again Note however if you rejoin the same person who booted you/or sadly you run into another boooter repeat this step)

2. Sometimes the first step wont work and you may need to leave your router off longer. The suggested time is usally 8-10 hours (I know its a long time without online gaming but you gotta do it to fix the problem)

2. Sadly if your ISP assigns you a Static IP Address you have to go abit further to solve this problem. Youll need to contact your ISP and explain to them that your are being DDOSed off Xbox Live and your attackers will be able to strike again, if they assign you a static ip they will see it when they check your account and usally they will change it for you, the downside tho is that if your attacker gets your ip youll have to go through this step all over again)

And to sum it up , make sure you file a complaint (Tampering===>XBL Tampering) Avoid the Player (Quit Early), also inform your XBL friends about the GT who attacked you , and post again in the forums, i know for a fact alot of people experience this but unless more people post about this MS wont do anything. Im hoping somebody from MS reads this and fixes this problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

What you've been  host booted and ever since your modem seems to reset every hour...does this mean he's hostbooting me again or does this mean my modem is fried?!?!?!?!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes X-box will do their best to investigate and get it right, they do not take any allegations of this kind lightly and will get to the bottom of who was and wasn't doing something.

Sorry this didn't help.

An addition to the above.

If you have a good firewall and a great connection you can't be host boosted.

There are network administration tools which cuts off outside attacks. A simple click repair and it cuts off all connection and fixes it.

It's not that easy for Microsoft to handle this type of issues. As technically it has nothing to due with their product. Host booting takes out your internet connection not Xbox LIVE.

Sorry this didn't help.

please investigate gamertag - [mod removed] for hacking/hostbooting... he is interfering with gameplay ...use of xboxlive

Sorry this didn't help.

Its against the Forum rules to call out GamerTags report the player using the tools on your xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

the ambassador above is correct it is against the forum rules to call out gamertags....

Sorry this didn't help.

No one in the xbox community as far as xbox is concerned are doing anything when it comes to modders i dont know how many ive reported and how many are boosting and cheating and to me it seems like xbox can care less or give too shyts there getting there money for memberships and ppl are buying xbox live accounts so why should they care xbox are sellouts to there own community

Sorry this didn't help.