Someone else has linked a profile to my account

So as usual, it is litteraly impossible to contact microsoft for support, as their support submission page crashes, in 8 years I have never actually been able to contact them, thanks for treating your loyal customers so well Microsoft.

Somone has created a new xbox live profile and linked it to my microsoft account, so I am receiving emails regarding their purchases etc.  What I am really worried about is how this person was able to create a profile and link it to my microsoft account, as I have one (based on my hotmail address, which as far as I know technically doesn't exist anymore) and one (based on my outlook address) that both link to my gmail account as an alt, they can theoretically pull my CC and other info.

So A) How the hell could microsoft left this happen and

B) how do you un-associate a gamer tag with a microsoft account?  I dont' need to receive the billing info for this person and have personal skype contacts and CC info stored in this account, while they cannot possibly have my password, the fact they were able to associate their account to it means I am less than convinced microsofts security won't allow them to see it anyway, and charge to it.

So if anyone has an idea on how to actually get a hold of this company that would be great.

EDIT: My actual gamer tag is op3peat, I have no idea how PursuedPants85 or whatever it is linked to my microsoft account.

EDIT2: Tried looking up the billing / profile info for PursuedPants184 that is associated with my microsoft account and SURPRISE the billing page is down, what the hell.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada

This account, PursuedPants184, is a brand new account with a randomly generated tag. That usually happens if you try to sign into the website with wrong sign in information or if you just accidentally create a new account instead of signing into an account you already have.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.