Someone Else Changed my region

Someone hacked into my account 3 days ago and messed up a lot of stuff, i had no credit card information or xbox points on the account on the time and i can fix everything else but they changed the region to Russia. Since then everything is in russian and the region cant be changed back for another year -3 days.

Is there a way i can change the language back to english or is russian the only language in the region of russia?

Can i email a suport person from xbox that can make it so i can change the region back? 

Am i doomed to not know the discounts and games and have everything connected to my xboxlive accout be changed to a language i can't read or is there something i can do other than learn the language?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You can change your locale which should change the language, however it won't change the region of the account.

Start your Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.

In the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, select Console Settings.

In the Console Settings area, select Locale.

Select the location where you live.

Otherwise you can try contacting support by phone to up an unauthorized access investigation and see if they can do anything about the change. The region change can cause problems with downloads and payments.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Make sure you have a strong enough password so that on-one else is able to recover your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.