Some Xbox Live questions

Suppose this is the best forum to post this in but:

Any release date set for the new Xbox Dashboard?

Will Pins ever be fixed? You can't remove pins of items that no longer exist on XBL.

Why is Xbox Live so laggy and slow lately? It's like it progressively gets worse every month. And no this is not my internet connection. People being unable to download games for gold, friends' connections, it's certainly an XBL issue.

And lastly, why am I paying for a subscription service if I'm going to be plastered with annoying, intrusive, bandwidth eating, and frankly unnecessary advertisements? There's absolutely no reason that the dashboard should have any advertisements whatsoever. None. Microsoft is making more than enough money. Overpricing the Xbox One, charging users for Xbox Live Gold time when the service is down (e.g., the time that was lost to users that paid for it when Lizard Squad was DDoSing the service), that's all free money. I'm not pleased at all.

Microsoft's competitors don't have issues with slow, broken and ad filled GUIs. I've been a fan of Xbox for a long time, but as time goes on, other options are looking a lot more appealing, and I know I'm not the only person dissatisfied with Microsoft's handling of the entire situation. They're alienating some of their userbase, and trust me when I say some of us won't stick around for very much longer.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There is no set date for the dashboard as of yet, Pin's should still remove try deleting your profile and re downloading it...  As for the Lag, this would be down to your individual internet connection/Speed/Type/Ping and the amount of devices sharing alongside peak and off peak times downloading Games and friends connections can be resolved with a hard reset

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If Xbox Live was functioning as it should, then people wouldn't be getting errors downloading Games for Gold. My lag and ping times are completely fine for absolutely everything else, and I have sufficient bandwidth. I'm quite aware of how a network works. In fact, my connection is so good, I'm often selected as host in games that require them. (Halo: Reach for example) I can't remove the pins in the sense that as soon as I hit X for details (which is where you go to delete them), it gives me an error code because the item no longer exists. Microsoft needs to face that they're at risk of losing a chunk of their consumer base. Ads on their dashboard is extremely annoying, especially when people have bandwidth caps on their connections. Automatically loading HD videos that I need to watch 15 seconds of is completely ridiculous, and uses up a lot of my monthly bandwidth. It's as if the Lizard Squad DDoS attacks completely crippled Xbox Live. People are paying for this. I have less lag on PSN on my PS3, and that's free...and it doesn't have ads. See my point?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.