some major IP issues

Hi!

First let me tell you my configure history.

First I had NAT problems which I managed to solve and managed to host parties etc. I have ADSL modem zyxel p-660hw d1. Few days later my xbobx360 couldn't connetct my network. I've tested that network works perfectly with other devices. So after this I reseted network settings I tried again with no success. After this I reseted my ZyXel, made new network and password. I didn't do port forwarding or any other configurations because I just wanted to my xbox to connect the internet. 

Now the situation is that it can't connect to network. It finds my network, accept password but that's all. Some how it doesn't find IP address (it's automatic and everything says 0.0.0.0.). DHCP settings should be in order:

DHCP Setup

DHCP Server None Relay 
IP Pool Starting Address
Pool Size
Remote DHCP Server

I've tried manual IP address as well, but it doesdn't work. 

Summa Summarum: At first xbox connected to live with some restrictions (i could use internet, netflix and play online games, but no parties), then I configured NAT and it worked just fine for few days. suddenly it stopped to work and now I have this issue.  All help is more than welcome!

-Kimmo

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

edit: DHCP = Server, Pollsize = 32, Remote CHCP = 0.0.0.0

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

I doubt its a DHCP issue, it sounds more like a wireless security / setup problem

Please ensure you are using WPA2-PSK(AES) wireless security if possible and if you are using a wireless mac address list on your router ensure your Xbox is on that list. Also have a look at other tips here:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../111-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried assigning your Xbox 36o a Static IP Address ?

Sorry this didn't help.