Some game demos are listed twice in my Game Library

Hello.

Probably a real basic question, but I am not sure why two game demos I downloaded from Xbox Live appear twice in the list of games. Selecting one entry for a game demo, I see "Play Game" and "Delete Game" options. Selecting the other entry and I just see "Play". Can someone tell me how to tidy this up please?

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey mate, try taking a look at your 'Memory' section (listed under 'System Settings' in the 'My Xbox' channel of the dashboard). Are there double or incomplete files there? If so, go ahead and delete them. If everything looks fine, you may want to try deleting the demos in question and re-downloading them anyway.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for that Mister Fitzer. I didn't see anything in the memory section that was weird when I looked.  I had thought of deleting and re-downloading, but thought I'd ask in case it was caused by some setting/feature. It's only 2 demos with this issue, and initially they only had one entry each. Something caused them to double-up. It happened (possibly) after I transferred licenses from old to new website via the xbox website. But I didn't have these demos on the other console. Anyways, thanks. I will give it a go. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I deleted both demo's now. I copied them to a USB HDD and restarted the console without it plugged in.

Result: Only one of each demo now is listed in Game Library. Both work. I cannot find them on the built-in HDD, so cannot delete either of them. There is no delete option for either demo in the Game Library.

Sorry this didn't help.

Clearing the system cache and restarting the console didn't remove them either. Both are still listed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so they're both still listed without actually being on the drive, correct? At this point, you could try backing up all of your save files on a USB device, and then formatting the drive, as that should take everything off of there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for that. Both game demo's are still listed in the Game Library (with no Delete option). Both play, so they are still physically on the HDD. But they are not listed on the the HDD.

I guess that doing a backup and formatting should fix it. However, this must be a bug. We've only had the console new just over a week. Originally after downloading the demo's, only one of each was listed. Somehow later there were two copies of both. Deleted one copy of each, and the other remained. Is this a known issue with Xbox 360s? I wouldn't want similar things to happen again when the 250GB HDD get more full.

I'm not real keen on the formatting HDD, because I previously transferred data onto a USB HDD for moving from one console to another to find that: some demos wouldn't copy onto the USB HDD; and some wouldn't play on the new console and had to be re-downloaded. Some were fine. It would be a large amount of data to re-download.

Many thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello - Would you mind telling us what game is it that's causing this, I'd like to try and reproduce it myself. It's quite possible the games might be listed under a different name or in a different folder etc.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Hassassin NiNjA. The two demo's are: "Dance Central Demo" and "Kinect Joy Ride Demo".

Sorry this didn't help.

Hiya, I was able to download and play both game demos just fine as well as see them by going to My XBOX > System Settings > Memory > Hard Drive > Demos. So it seem that there may be some sort of issue with your hard drive which you can try to diagnose by formatting or requesting a repair and getting a new hard drive from Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. Initially there were no double-ups after downloading. It was only after some time that this occurred. I'm not sure what triggered it, maybe transferring licenses (none of which were these two games) from one console to anothe via the xbox website, or perhaps adding a demo to the download queue via the marketplace website.

Sorry this didn't help.