Some accounts are unable to play downloaded games after we transfered content licence to new xbox

We have a new xbox and we transferred the content license for the downloaded version of Minecraft. We have a family gold xbox account and I can use Minecraft on my xbox live account but my kids cannot play the full version of minecraft on their accounts. It shows minecraft as a demo version on the kids account.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 193 Applies to:

If I am reading the post correctly, you performed a license transfer to the new console, but the game does not play for any profile other than yours on the new console. Is this correct? If so, are you sure that you have not already performed a license transfer within the last 4 months (the transfer wouldn't have worked properly/at all this time if you had)? Are you certain that your profile was the one that purchased the game? And, forgive me here, did you perform a license transfer or merely download the game to the new console? If you just moved the game, even with a transfer cable, you'll still need to go to your account settings and perform a license transfer.

This link will provide more details on DRM and License Transfers http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, you have read my post correctly. To answer your questions:

1. I have not performed a licensed transfer in the last for months. This is the only license transfer I have ever done.

2. I am not certain if my profile purchased the game. But I do know it would have been purchased under my account or my kids account (under the xbox live family gold pack).

3. When we got the new xbox, I downloaded the game and then I did the license transfer.

4. Unfortunately, I have read through the link that you have provided and sadly it did not help.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry this didn't help.

You could just go to settings, account, download history, find minecraft and download again, that way it will just refresh the local license for the game which should allow any profile to play the game.
Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Sorry this didn't help.

after completing the license transfer did you re-download minecraft to update the licenses.  Try deleting minecraft and downloading it again.  That should hopefully update the licenses.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I deleted minecraft and re downloaded it and now it works for all the users. Great!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a problem too I downloaded world at war and then license transferred to my other Xbox but when I am offline on my other Xbox it says can't launch world at war and the other games I downloaded are trials

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry you are having this issue.  However, as this thread is two years old I would like to ask if you could please create a new one detailing your issue for further assistance.  Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.