Solid Read Light

My Xbox 360 just took a crap on me. I was playing black ops when the screen froze. I shut it down and when I restarted it gave me the solid red light. I bought the system in August of 2010 putting me officially 1 month and 20 days over the warranty. I was informed by the call center that I would have to pay $120.00 for repairs or my console will be a glorified paper-weight.

I currently pay $100.00 per year for the Xbox live family plan and I'm constantly buying points for DLC and Zune. If I have to fork over $120.00 just so I can keep buying games and points, forget it.

I have watched videos all over youtube of people having the same problem. I'm switching to PS3 If Xbox won't help me. I'll get Blu-ray and free online service. This is the third Xbox I've purchased and I've subscribed to Live for over three years. If my brand loyalty won't be rewarded...goodbye Xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If support have already told you that you need to pay for a repair then that is what you would need to do, or buy a different system that is your choice.

No one is rewarded, I am on console number 4 right now but if it breaks I will need to pay for a repair the same as anyone else does. It doesn't really come into it how many consoles you have bought or if you are subscribed to LIVE as 1 year is the standard warranty for all electronics unless an extended warranty is paid for.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.