Soldier Member (USA) Stationed (Korea)

Drives me crazy! I am a Soldier fighting for my country. I purchased my xBox at a Post Exchange (PX) in Iraq.  Now I am stationed in Korea. My xBox has a US label. I cannot download mappacks and etc. for Gears 2. It says not available in my area. xBox themselves emailed me and said "Im sizzle, out of luck" talk about great support for us Soldiers. There has to be a proxy sever site at Microsoft for us guys in these situations. This is total bull crap. Does anyone have any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It would depend what region your account is registered to and which country's IP address you are logging in from. If you're on a US base in Korea and have a US account, you could possibly talk to your network administrator on the base and see if he can get you to log into a US IP.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i was thinking xBox should create a virtual proxy server of some sorts for their customer's, allowing us to access.  I am not on a typical US installation. I am on a ROK (Republic of Korea) ran, installation; up on the DMZ (Bordering the 38th Parralell) Infact all our our PX's here sell US labeled xBox'es. So I know there are 10,000 xBos's sold to US Soldier/Citizens here in Korea. That alot of profit for support!

Sorry this didn't help.

That does sound like a pretty good idea :) I'm not sure on how you would go about submitting such feedback. You may want to try suggesting your idea on the website feedback form found here: mymfe.microsoft.com/.../Feedback.aspx

I think there probably should be a feedback/suggestion section for the forums as well as the console but I don't think they have one at the moment.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Well its not something I want to do into detail on, not on an Xbox forum as it could be seen as circumventing their processes. But I have heard of people connecting their Xboxes to laptops and use the laptop to VPN back into the states so your traffic pop's out locally in the US, its a set-up that does have small price attached (for the VPN service)

I doubt very much MS would offer such a service themselves as they have everything regionalised for a reason and this suggestion would circumvent it

Sorry this didn't help.