So why do you..

Pay for XBL express your thoughts in this thread as i would like to know peoples opions :) 

Im Not happy atm as i keep getting lagg on FIFA 12 isnt xbl supposed to be the better service as ur supposed to get better connections :S

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I pay for it because I have to. I'm not buying a PS3 so it's the only way.

how comes u have to??

this argument and debate never does anything else but turn into an XBL vs Playstation Network blah blah Alot of things have to be factored into lag, your own connection, the connection of the person your playing, what region they are in, the quality of the servers used for the MP of a game....its not all about "I pay for live this should be perfect everytime"....if you dont want to pay for it and not play online via XBL...dont

how about you get a good connection. xbox live cant magically give you a better connection. if your connection is not good and there is no way to get a better connection then dont pay for xbox live, simples

i'm sure the lag issues are with the EA server and not XBL. EA servers are notoriously laggy in the first few weeks of a game release.

Currently i don't pay for xbox live, because it's not worth it as I don't play my xbox atm.   I only pay for xbox live when i'm guna game online alot.

[quote user="dstevens"]Im Not happy atm as i keep getting lagg on FIFA 12 isnt xbl supposed to be the better service as ur supposed to get better connections :S[/quote]Wait, what? Your connection and it's quality is dictated by your ISP and geographical location, not by your console platform!

I have xbox live because I like the games on Xbox Live more, and because most of my friends own xboxes. Plus the integration with Zune, and Games for Windows, and Windows Phone 7 (if I get one in the future) is a big draw.

Cross gaming chat, the integration with this site, and generally better uptime all help too. In the past I would have said that XBox Live is simply a more complete service, and whilst PSN has caught up in a lot of areas (in spite of home turning out pretty dismal) in many ways, it is still some years behind.

Ultimately it's a matter of if you perceive the certain benefits, and bells and whistles of xbox live good value for paying the 40 quid or so a year (although I have spent on average about 30 quid a year, and I am on year 8 of my subscription). If you don't want to, it's all good ^_^

XBL runs on P2P servers where PSN runs on dedicated servers which is less laggier so I always prefer PSN. But XBL gets cool extra like Party chat and faster download speeds but I dont really care about the extra features.

If it dont give better connections then why do u have to pay??

^^ to play online