So What's "Gears Of War 3" Like? (No Spoilers Please)

The first was a masterpiece.

The second was enjoyable.

The third one... is it just more of the same or does it really stand out as new?

I'm definately going to pick it up but at the moment I'm in no rush...

Is this folly on my part?

Cheers

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can find a spoiler free review here

Thanks for that.

I've seen a few reviews.

I'd like some actual gamer feedback though.

Az

Its a good game Az, gameplay is alot smoother then GoW2, campaign has been good so far and the co-op is still amazing fun. Beast mode is a great addition though i dont think it lasts long enough (12 waves) and the new Horde Mode is alot better then the previous one. I have only done TDM on the multiplayer but from what i played i enjoyed it, enjoyed it alot more then previous ones as iv never been a fan of it.

Overall, im finding it alot better then previous games but at it heart, its still a Gears game but with alot more additions, well worth picking up

Its great

Game of The Year without a doubt!

Campaign what i have done so far, amazing!

And the online is great too, good matchmaking, best gears of war to date!

It is more of the same, but that;s no bad thing really.

Single player is a bit easy, and tad boring in place so I've heard.

Without a shadow of a doubt it's the 360's game of the year though.

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

Thanks for that.

I've seen a few reviews.

I'd like some actual gamer feedback though.

Az

[/quote]

That is actual gamer feedback. It's my, unbiased, review.

If you're on the fence because the last game left you feeling a little let down then to put it simply, buy it. It takes the best of both previous games, adds a little more, and then explodes in your face like a Boomshot.

Best campaign I've played all year. Best multiplayer I've played all year. One of the best games on the Xbox 360 without a doubt.

Good addition to the weapons aresnal

All elements of the cover system work flawlessly including the new additons e.g. mantal kick

Graphics are currently making me go wow!

Audio is superb

Story is engrossing, for me anyway

Havent given multiplayer a spin yet, but needless to say it was good when i played the beta and im sure its even better now :)

The MP is amazing. The gameplay is a lot like Gears 1 fast pace and the weapons work again. Gears 2 was ok but was no where near as good a 1. The shotguns where crap the sniper was useless and the hit detections seamed crap. But it is all fixed in gears 3 now. Am very happy with it and it is actually persuading me to buy 12 months ago. Now this is a suprise as I don't use the xbox much now. But that might be about to change.

Multiplayer is pretty stable. I haven't had any disconnects or lag at all this weekend or even today now it's live. The servers seem to be holding up pretty well.