So What's Caught Your Eye In February?

It's still early in the year and so new titles are a little thin on the ground, but there's a few coming out in February that look interesting, so as the title suggests what games have caught your eye and why?

---------------------------------------------

At the moment the release I'm looking forward to the most is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. The fact that the world (including 10,000 years worth of history) and story was penned by Mr. Salvetore gives me plenty of hope for an intriguing adventure, especially as I like the idea of everyone's fate except your own having already been decided. I found that there was plenty of scope  for creating a unique character through the three different skill branches, and that the combat was a major step up from what most RPGs offer. Plus, mages in this game are just ****. The demo available at the moment is from a build that's three months old as well and the creators have stated that the glitches won't be in the final version of the game. Of course there were things I wasn't impressed with, but from what I've seen the positive aspects outweigh the negative at this point.

NeverDead is also looking set to be rather interesting. My copy dropped through the letterbox this morning (along with the Skyrim strategy guide, which could be used to beat freakin' whales to death) but I've literally only gotten five minutes with it so far. Still, the idea of using your own limbs as weapons and more is one that interests me greatly. Here's hoping it's a nice change of pace from the usual games.

Gotham City Impostors, despite have reservations from the Beta, is another title that I'm looking forward to. I'm hoping that its delay to February is to incorporate feedback from the Beta, because at that point there was some major balancing work to be done. Those damn rocket launchers were just plain evil. But really, it's just the idea of lots of people dressed as bats and clownz running around and blowing the hell out of each other that has my attention. It's going to be like a fancy dress party gone horribly wrong.

--------------------------------------------

I've also keeping my fingers crossed that Binary Domain and Inversion both turn out to be enjoyable shooters. Currently I've got more hope for Binary as the previews floating around the internet have sounded quite interesting.

Oh, and I Am Alive also looks like it could be pretty damn good at the moment, but I've not really looked at it too much. Still, if it delivers on the tough gameplay and wide variety of tactics that it promises then I'm more than willing to give it a whirl

--------------------------------------------------

So how about you guys? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Binary Domain also!

Kingdoms of Amalur is the only thing that has grabbed my attention to be honest. The demo was pretty good, glitches aside, so it should pass the time until Mass Effect 3.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Kingdoms of Amalur is the only thing that has grabbed my attention to be honest. The demo was pretty good, glitches aside, so it should pass the time until Mass Effect 3.

[/quote]
Aye, pretty much everything I'm doing at the moment is just to pass the time until ME3. Still, it's not that long to go now.

Off-topic: I swear the last time I was on here you weren't an 8, DC :D 

Fallout New Vegas : Ultimate Edition been waiting for years to play it

alan wake and i am alive. so ill just be getting ms points.

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

Fallout New Vegas : Ultimate Edition been waiting for years to play it

[/quote]

my bf has also. i pre ordered it so it can be his v-day present.

i've not really been paying attention to many games lately. but 2 games i know are coming out in feb that i do want are ff13.2 and darkness 2

As far as February goes nothing really has caught my eye.  I was curious for a bit about Soul Calibur V but then I remembered that I really couldn't get in to SC IV, so I will probably wait until it drops in price.

Soul Calibur V and The Darkness II. Gonna try not to be mugged off by Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend LE. I see a couple of 'complete editions' are being released too.

Binary Domain looks like the pick of the bunch for my liking. From what Ive seen it looks like a "Alpha Protocol - V3" - which to me makes it seem a very interesting game indeed.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Xis-Xyops]

Cheers for posting that, Lew. Every time I see that trailer I think Battlestar and the Cylons! :D