So The Xbox App On Windows 10 Is Actually Kinda Interesting... IMO

So due to my work schedule I didn't really get to mess around with the Xbox App on Windows 10 yesterday. Today however, I'm not working so... I've checked it out. I wasn't really interested in the "stream a Xbox game to your PC or other device" thingy... until I actually tried it. It's actually kinda cool and I could possibly see uses for it in the future... for those moments when I just wanna play a game on a tablet while I have an amazing bubble bath. (Ok... maybe to much info but you get the idea... or maybe you don't. lol) You just plug your Xbox controller into a USB port. Obviously the app reminds me of the Smart Glass App. You can pretty much do anything on it, and it even has a Start A Party beta on it which I haven't tried yet because I'm not entirely sure if I need to be streaming a game for it to work? But anyways, has anyone else tried streaming games from their Xbox One's yet? What did you think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'll give it a try soon, my Surface Pro 3 is being delivered today, looking forward to messing around with it.

Stupid rollout... I don't have Win10 yet to try this out... :'(

GG - Read the other Windows 10 thread on here, just download the Media creation tool and jump the queue.  You don't actually have to create any media with it, it will ask you as soon as you fire it up if you want to upgrade the pc its on.  That's exactly what's happening on my PC right now as I type, its downloading the update

Goth, we all know you are anti kinect... but can I ask you this.. does your PC have a mic and will you use Cortana on your PC?

So I have Windows 10 downloaded, but don't have the "connect" icon on my Windows 10 PC....   ????  

Yeah, there's a good tweet where someone is streaming his PS4 game to the bath tub and caption, 'this is the future of gaming' or something, pretty hilarious.

I myself like to get locked in when playing games, so never game on the toilet, bath, dinner table etc. My butt is in my novelty size chaise and I don't move for a few hours, haha.

I streamed a few games to my Surface Pro 3 last night after updating it to Windows 10 just to test it out.  I was pleasantly surprised with how well it worked.  Did have one issue where the audio dropped out for a little while but restarting the game resolved that.  All told I probably played for 2-3 hours over streaming and aside from the audio issue I kind of forgot that I wasn't playing the games directly on my tablet.  Definitely a feature I will get some use out of...

"Goth, we all know you are anti kinect... but can I ask you this.. does your PC have a mic and will you use Cortana on your PC?" - tohellnbak

Actually... I'm not as ANTI-KINECT as you think. One of my Ones actually has a kinect. What bothers me is the lack of games for it. "Most" people who praise it, praise it for the voice commands. That's fine... for them, but I actually don't care for them really. It doesn't take me forever to do what I want when I use my controller for navigation. That's just me. Everyone here already knows I'm kwazy. (with a k) I actually wish they would make more games that use it. Sit down for this one... I actually enjoyed Kinect Rivals. I know I don't have the greatest reputation here, but I've met very few here who "get me". My sarcasm flies over peoples heads sometimes. lol Anyways, to answer your question about Cortana... I don't really see myself using it. I imagine those who like voice commands will love that feature. It's just not me. With all that said, who knows... maybe one day I'll use it for something. As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, I had no interest in streaming my Xbox One games to my PC or tablet but it seems ok after I tried it. :) Anyways... again... I know it looks like I hate the kinect because I don't ever recommend that people should buy an Xbox One with it, but I usually tell them it's because I don't like voice commands and unless they do, the lack of games for it make it pretty much useless. IMO. Ok, I've typed way more than I usually do so I shall leave now. I'm not sure if anything I said makes sense. :)

@ kingvas78, There is actually an app for the Xbox One that allows the streaming. It should be in your START MENU somewhere... but if it isn't you can download it from the store icon thingy. Maybe someone can explain it better than me. lol

@Goth, I have Pinned to my tool bar.... I have achievements, game DVR, activity feed......  etc.....  but no "connect" icon on my list......  hmmmm