So many problems! My Xbox used up one of my free 1 months.

Alright so it is free Xbox Live Gold weekend so my friends and I wanted to make silver accounts and have some fun with online games. I went to make my account by entering my email, password, secret question etc.

So what I was left with is Xbox naming my account "GraduateStatue6" out of no where. What happened to me choosing my own name? Also it automaticly used one of my hard drives free one months. I just wanted to take advantage of the free Xbox Live gold Weekend and make a silver account.

Why did it randomly choose a name for me? Can I change this name for free? Can I have my 1 month of gold refunded?

I tried calling the xbox hotline but apparently no one is working.

Any help on how to solve this ASAP would be great. I wanted to keep my free months open for when my main account ran out and I had gold until I can pay for another year.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sounds like you accidentally clicked on Join Xbox Live instead of not now.  There is nothing you can do about that.  Enjoy the live for the next month.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There was absolutely no option for me to choose. The only option was Join when I tried to back out I couldn't. I just turned off my Xbox and it was done.

Sorry this didn't help.

You do have the option of changing the name for free though. It's only good for 30 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="A UAV"]

So what I was left with is Xbox naming my account "GraduateStatue6" out of no where. What happened to me choosing my own name? Also it automaticly used one of my hard drives free one months. I just wanted to take advantage of the free Xbox Live gold Weekend and make a silver account.

Why did it randomly choose a name for me? Can I change this name for free? Can I have my 1 month of gold refunded?

[/quote]

When you first join Xbox live it randomly chooses a gamertag for you, it does it for everyone. Yes you can change it once for free on the console. Once an account which is eligible for the free trial has been created on the console there's no was to undo it or get another trial.

Sorry this didn't help.