So just a general enquiry/fun little topic for discussion.

So lately I have been encountering quite a LOT of randoms harassing others, be it through messages or voice chat and then upon being told they are being reported proceed to say they are a microsoft/xbox live employee.
Has anyone actually had this happen to them, found out how severe of an offense it is is against the TOS and or know what the punishment is lol.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope not happened to me once.

Not happened to me but anyone caught impersonating Microsoft staff by saying they are an xbox live employee will get a permanent ban straight away

It's best to just report them and stay away from the user rather than alert them that you are reporting. Telling someone that you are reporting them tends to lead to more harassment which is something you'd want to avoid.  

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

I personally don't care if they harass me more. Just gives me more reason to report them. Someone acting in such way doesn't belong in the community.

Don't just report them.  Block them.

No I have not experienced this.  I also have not hear of this happening to any of my Xbox inner circle.  Report them, and block them.  

I dont play online ..ever, problem SOLVED.

Nope. Never gotten that kind of messages.

[quote user="KrypticSlaughtr"]

I personally don't care if they harass me more. Just gives me more reason to report them. Someone acting in such way doesn't belong in the community.

[/quote]

The issue is that then you're engaging them, and especially something like "I'm reporting you" could be seen as antagonistic and that doesn't look good on you. Report them, block them, stay clear of them.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

I get *** then simmer down and realize its nothing to me. People are insects and give them the veil of anonymity and that triples. Just ignore them and move on.