so is bf3 realy killing my 360???? HELP!

Ok so I was playing a quick match and all of a sudden my power supply on my xbox goes red, ive seen this happen before on my old system but never on my new model. So I unplug then plug it back in again and set up a match and the same thing happens. So im thinking it's a heat issue I let it cool for a few hours and try again but it happens again. So in assuming that it was just a power supply problem I went and bought a new one, got it home, same problem! But then I put on Netflix, watched a few long movies in hi def and no problems....??? So then I play cod 2 for like 2 hours.......... No problem. Gears3 for another hour......... No problem. I go back to bf3 15 minutes into a tdm boom powers off! Seriously am I just insane? But I've been testing this for the last few days and the only time my system shuts down is during bf3. So any feedback or solution, or even if you've just seen this happen let me know.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Could you please elaborate on which type of Xbox you have?

In the meantime i will assume you have the Xbox 360 S which has a build-in security which prevents overheating. It does sound as if your Xbox has a overheating problem which sounds to me that it's caused by a malfunction.

I strongly suggest calling the Xbox customer service and call in a repair or replacement. Which should be completely covered by your warranty. http://support.xbox.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

agreed with Tsukimara; only other thing is if your system and brick are not getting proper ventalation causing them to over heat.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't heard any reports at all that Battlefield 3 itself is causing consoles to turn off. You should contact XBOX Support to get this console serviced if this is indeed the case.

Sorry this didn't help.