So game discussion threads are allowed again?

So it seems that we are allowed game discussion threads on the UK General again.

There have been two at least that have qualified recently. The Deus Ex MetaCritic thread swiftly turned into a general game discussion about the title, and one of our Moderators even posted in it after this had happened.

We also have a Dead Island Discussion thread, which I confess to having reported to see if the Deus Ex thread could have been an anomaly. Given that it is still here two days later it doesn't seem to be.

So either the rule has been reversed, which the Moderators should have done before they pretty much destroyed the community here, or they've just stopped caring.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would asume they are allowed, but seen as though there are barely no UK mods around its soon to change :/

Yes, but discussion about discussion threads is not allowed. It's way too meta.

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

I would asume they are allowed, but seen as though there are barely no UK mods around its soon to change :/

[/quote]Well they banned them before the forum change and as such drove away a huge amount of the good users of this section.

The Games Discussion board is what we got instead but as they refused to mention this until the new forum launched, several months later, that didn't really help.

Hopefully they have decided to let them return. It could prompt some life to return to the UK section. 

I just thought it was awfully silly once moderators tried to condense all discussion of a game into a single 'general discussion' thread that would periodically be deleted after 50 pages because at that stage the forum runs out of internets apparently. And then they banned these threads. Like, what the hell mang. What is that even about dude.

I thought the system we had before the ban worked perfectly zfair. There could be a discussion thread about the game but people were free to post a separate thread to ask a question if they so wished.

That I thought was perfect because it allowed the conversation about the game to go in any direction, and the people posting separate threads could get their answer without the worry of it being dragged 'off-topic'.

Getting rid of the discussion threads was a complete over-reaction by the Moderators to the actions of a few fools, which didn't even accomplish what they claimed it would do. That was to make the forum a friendlier place, which failed because a ton of good members left and most of those who remained were the ones that got them banned in the first place.

[quote user="zfair899"]

I just thought it was awfully silly once moderators tried to condense all discussion of a game into a single 'general discussion' thread that would periodically be deleted after 50 pages because at that stage the forum runs out of internets apparently. And then they banned these threads. Like, what the hell mang. What is that even about dude.

[/quote]

I remember that 50 pages *Lock/ Deleted*

Yet if you go into another part of the forum, theres a thread on like 200 pages ...

I asked a VIP about the 50 page limit once when I saw that one in GamerParents was at 200+. The response I got was that they'd never heard of that rule before.

Lol. One rule for one different rule for another.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I thought the system we had before the ban worked perfectly zfair. There could be a discussion thread about the game but people were free to post a separate thread to ask a question if they so wished.

That I thought was perfect because it allowed the conversation about the game to go in any direction, and the people posting separate threads could get their answer without the worry of it being dragged 'off-topic'.

Getting rid of the discussion threads was a complete over-reaction by the Moderators to the actions of a few fools, which didn't even accomplish what they claimed it would do. That was to make the forum a friendlier place, which failed because a ton of good members left and most of those who remained were the ones that got them banned in the first place.

[/quote]

I agree, it was more fun to take part in game discussions and also helped the newer members to make friends who like similar games.

I thought this was obvious when we moved to the new forums? Anyway if you want to discuss games in certain threads, we're not going to penalise the users for doing that.  A seperate dedicated UK Games Discussion board was set up if you want specific threads with other UK gamers, but if one thread turns into a mass discussion we're not going to lock it and direct you to another section.  As long as we don't get back to stage of people creating discussion thread v57 so they can be first to set it up we'll be fine.