So does anybody use their mic these days??

Is it me or does nobody communicate on xbox live anymore? I know most people are in party chat but i really cant remember the last time i joined a game(gears of war 3, battlefield 3,etc..) where i heard other peoples voices. I miss being able to trash talk the other team or actually stragetize with mine. I remember when i would join a game and everybody in the game would be talking. Hmmmmm...maybe remove party chat with people you are playing the game with?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="o T4YLORG4NG o"] I miss being able to trash talk[/quote]

thats the reason most people don`t use a mic.

blame games like call of duty with ten year old kids screaming foul language abuse at you because you shot them.

there`s nothing quite like having a child telling you what he`s going to do with your mother later tonight!!

i always mute and my mic is still sealed in its packet from when i bought my xbox.

[quote user="o T4YLORG4NG o"]

Is it me or does nobody communicate on xbox live anymore? I know most people are in party chat but i really cant remember the last time i joined a game(gears of war 3, battlefield 3,etc..) where i heard other peoples voices. I miss being able to trash talk the other team or actually stragetize with mine. I remember when i would join a game and everybody in the game would be talking. Hmmmmm...maybe remove party chat with people you are playing the game with?

[/quote]I agree. I wouldnt say remove party chat completely though. Only that private chat in games would be a secondary function. I feel that when people join a party, they dont even think to change it over to game chat or just cant be bothered if there is only one to two others on their team that are not in the party. If you want your chat to be private, you should have to go the extra step to make it that way. Not the other way around.

I miss those days too. People used to talk, meet new people...  Which is why I'm mainly on party chat these days. No one is there available to talk, so I just talk to my friends. Removing party chat would not sit kindly with others I bet, including myself. If there are any people with mics on, they usually tend to be silent or annoying (screaming, insulting type of annoying). Hopefully this is not the path online gaming takes. Trash talk is a main reason why I don't go into game chat anymore.

i just hate the fact that i cant communicate with my team or anything..i remember when i bought a ps3(sold it about 2 months after) i was like wow nobody ever talks and i hated that...now it just makes online seem so boring

I do 100% of the time but I mostly play with friends in co-op or private chat. It's a must for me.

I use my turtle beaches. It depends on who's on my friends list, and what they are playing if I am in game chat. I have been spending alot more time in game chat lately than private parties

More games should do what MW2 did and not allow Party/Private Chat on certain online game modes. In games like Battlefield 3 is should be cut out all together. If you do not like what you are hearing or you do not want to talk to the whole channel, change your settings.

This has come up a lot since Party chat was introduced, but removing it would be the worst decision MS could make. I like having party chat especially in games where getting everyone into a single game can be a challenge like with BF3. More people than you would think are in Party chat and normally if in a game like BF3 if I notice a random person joined our squad and is trying to talk to us I send them an invite to party chat. If they are annoying then can easily kick them. Other way is be proactive about trying to get other players into party chat or sending a request to be invited to one if your in a game where you can see if people are in party chat. Also with other peoples friends joining the party it's a great way to find new people to play with.

I use my mic when I choose to. Because no one is forcing my to chat with any one else, I decided to only use when playing with friends. My decision.

I use my mic daily but usually just for party chat. I have not the time nor patience to hear some kid or adult whining about being killed or using profane/racial terms so I tend to only stay in party chat.