Snap Mode Question!

Howdey yall,  I have a question regarding snap mode on XB1.....   will we be able to change the size of the app that we snap in? As of right now it looks kind of tiny and I would love to adjust it up to half the size of my TV. So that the left half is game and right half is app.  Also If I want to watch a TV show can I snap in a game of cod or forza (and keep the game on mute obviously) while I'm watching TV? 

Thanks everyone!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do two things at once.

Why choose between two things you love when you can do both at the same time? Xbox One lets you quickly jump from TV to a movie to a game. And then snap them side by side to do two things simultaneously. Music and games. Skype voice calls and live sports. Split your screen, not your time.

www.xbox.com/.../entertainment

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.. but that didn't really answer my question.   Can you make the snapped in app bigger than what we have seen already?  Like I said, I would love to be able to enlarge the snapped in app to half the size of my television.  I sent a few messages to IGN to forward to microsoft for the "ask microsoft anything" question's but they are not asking good questions and did not pick mine. lol they asked about a play and charge kit and some silly update question.  Back to my question though,   you mention "music and games" &  "skype calls and sports", but what about TV and games?  I don't Skype and I'm not too big into sports. I would just want to watch my DirecTV shows on one half and play an XB1 game on the other half....   Can you even watch TV shows and play games at the same time on XB1 ?!?

side by side would mean half and half, they are just giving examples of the way you can match things up. they arent going to go over every way

Games plus entertainment.

Never miss a moment: get multiplayer alerts while you watch TV, and keep on watching TV while you play

Switch instantly from a game to TV to music to an app and back

Do two things at once: snap an app next to a game, so you never have to stop playing

Skype on your TV in 1080p HD and make group video calls with up to 3 other people

The very best of the NFL, including a personalized destination for scores, stats, and highlights, plus NFL.com Fantasy Football

The OneGuide for instant access to your favorite shows, channels, and entertainment apps

A personalized Home screen for each person in your family, available wherever you sign in

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/get-the-facts?xr=shellnav

OP.....probable looking at a 67/33 split at launch. We've seen enough video and screenshots of the UI that if 50/50 split was possible we'd have seen it.

Yet

a software update may be a possiblity

This is one area that I wish they would have talked about a bit more just for clarification, but I do believe that we'll only be able snap with the smaller screen to watch tv and as for the volume of the game and tv show; I'm pretty sure that you can't adjust one and not the other. If I can remember correctly and I'd have to look it up, they said it isn't possible to control the volume for different apps/tv/etc.

Thanks for more information on this subject yall!    Okay 67/33 or near 1/3 wouldn't be toooo bad, but with all they're doing with the hdmi pass-through I do NOT think this should be over looked at all. I just hope they realize the ability to change the snapped in app size would be important to some people. I think they could easily do an xbox one update to make that possible like you mentioned. Obviously up to 50/50 would be ideal for me and I'm sure a lot of other people out there that feel the same way.  I would be wayyy more excited about snap mode if this can be done. Maybe Microsoft will see this and a light bulb will go off. Heck I've had xbox live for like 8-ish years ( ever since halo2 ) so my opinion may be more relevant than some other people's opinions/ideas.

This would be awesome as it would allow me to play a video game on the left and my wife could watch her netflix show on the right side.  The only thing left to figure out would be single or dual channel audio!  They should send the game audio through the controller and the TV audio through the TV speakers.  

That would be the sh*t for sure.

This ^^^^^

i'd just rather get two TVs :)