SmartGlass

Good Afternoon,

So far, I have been very disappointed with SmartGlass. I really do not see any purpose or use for it. Yes, it is great that I can use my phone or PC as a remote for my Xbox and learn more about characters in videos and plays in sports but I want more. I think SmartGlass should offer an Apple AirPlay and Intel Widi like feature. Yes, I know that with DLNA I can access my media on my PC from my Xbox. But that takes a lot of step. For one, I have to access the content from the Xbox not my PC. I should be able to click on the content directly from my PC and it will just play on my Xbox. Second, I should be able to mirror my PC screen on my Xbox. But not only PC but with phones. You should be able to mirror your phone screen and stream content from your phone to your Xbox. Come on Microsoft, be creative.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

SmartGlass is mostly for people who own iPad's and phones. I currently do not own an iPad or any other android device so it has no use for me.

I use mine alot on my Samsung galaxy IIIS, its great as a second controller and hooking up with my friends.  Almost everyone at my work uses it.  Its also nice when I am watching movies to get added content while the movie is playing.

But @TumyStxx, don't you think it is very limited? Second, how do you use it as a second controller?

Rohan Mayers